aliens

Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 749991 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.e - 15 Apr - Poisons
« Reply #1020 on: April 18, 2015, 01:00:22 pm »
Of course that is not intended. Not every ship class carries a recoverable engine (ex. Raiders do not), but if they do, you should be getting 50 Nuclear Fuel out of each. I can only say that on the version I have here (31 March Nightly) recovery works just fine (and Apr 7 Ivan is using - you can see it with your own eyes on his LP).

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 18, 2015, 03:20:25 pm »
Of course that is not intended. Not every ship class carries a recoverable engine (ex. Raiders do not), but if they do, you should be getting 50 Nuclear Fuel out of each. I can only say that on the version I have here (31 March Nightly) recovery works just fine (and Apr 7 Ivan is using - you can see it with your own eyes on his LP).

Hmm... strange.
I also tried the nightly from Apr 7, but still the same problem.  ???
The "no-elerium" problem is also specific to PirateZ. I tested vanilla UFO ruleset and retriviel works as usual. Both tested with the medium scout map, so it should not be a MAP problem.
Reinstalling and deleting options.cfg also does not help...  ???

EDIT
Elerium retrieval from ship engines works for me only for PirateZ 0.9c and not for PirateZ 0.9d and 0.9e. ???
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 04:33:06 pm by clownagent »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1022 on: April 18, 2015, 04:49:18 pm »
Which is even more stranger since Piratez mod does nothing with these ships, they've been left alone. The only thing added in 0.9.d that could remotely affect anything are landing lights spawned on all pirate crafts' maps. Possibly the game doesn't spawn any Elerium if it spawns anything else? If so, the engine is rather unstable and I will have to find a workaround.

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 18, 2015, 04:58:04 pm »
Which is even more stranger since Piratez mod does nothing with these ships, they've been left alone. The only thing added in 0.9.d that could remotely affect anything are landing lights spawned on all pirate crafts' maps. Possibly the game doesn't spawn any Elerium if it spawns anything else? If so, the engine is rather unstable and I will have to find a workaround.

Yup, quickly tested it and removing the landing lights from the landing craft solves the problem.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1024 on: April 18, 2015, 05:21:08 pm »
Yup.  I can confirm that with 9e I also got no elerium at the end of Ep 12. Just finished recording it.  I'll probably mod the save, to get the 50 fuel.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1025 on: April 18, 2015, 06:52:01 pm »
Manually adding Elerium to all ship maps will solve this problem, while keeping the landing lights. Man, this is bothersome. I will release the fix in a couple of days.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1026 on: April 19, 2015, 06:34:02 am »
Anyone got the link for the required Nightly? I tried it in Vanilla and one of the packs didn't install correctly so I didn't try it :S

I know the Mar 31 nightly is hard to come by.  I still had a local copy, I'm uploading it to Google Drive, for those that want it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3LA7DXD41YYaUF5UWJtOEFjLWs/view?usp=sharing

Cheers, Ivan :D

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 19, 2015, 05:50:04 pm »
I have interesting idea for feature when you migrate to my Extended version. I have option for that buy menu items can require research to be available.
This allow you to made some traders have information about some "hidden" shops that you can't access until you interrogate them.
I think this would great fit theme of your mod.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 19, 2015, 06:01:28 pm »
I have interesting idea for feature when you migrate to my Extended version. I have option for that buy menu items can require research to be available.
This allow you to made some traders have information about some "hidden" shops that you can't access until you interrogate them.
I think this would great fit theme of your mod.

It is already implemented, developing contacts with some countries unlocks those country specific items on Black Market.
It is definitely a very cool mechanic.

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 19, 2015, 06:16:37 pm »
Right, I see, OXC allow something like that but weapon can't be used, but my branch separate buy requirements and use requirements.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1030 on: April 19, 2015, 08:47:55 pm »
This one has been solved by the weapons simply not appearing anywhere outside of the shops :) Your no-buy-until-research streamlines this a lot, but there are tons of features in your build that are much, much more interesting :)

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 19, 2015, 10:48:01 pm »
Man this mod is awesome hard as f@%^ but really awesome. I am also impressed with lore behind the factions (I kinda abused the system so I got them all just to peek on them) and you put some real work on your world in there. Kudos sir and thanks for the awesome mod.

Offline Vesparco

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 20, 2015, 01:17:48 pm »
Just to inform of some stagnancy in the progress of the game.

I've reached advanced laser weaponry, fight some of the star gods and found more or less all the major factions (even smugglers and some ratmen).

I've managed to bust a base from the church and repelled several attacks from the traders (grasping some nice guildmasters in the progress). The factory is churning money so fuel and other supplies aren't on shortage (although academy's booty seems kind of scarce in comparison to the other ones).

I've broken some engineers, the rep, the esper, the reverent and the guildmaster. The provost from the accademy has not been seen in the game (even in a cruiser from the academy).

Also I assume I cannot break the cardinal from the church as the option is not enabled.

The research is blocked without being able to research plasma, gauss weaponry (I can disassemble but nothing more I think) and heavier crafts. Aircraft laser weaponry is stuck at lascannon, rockets are all available and the cannon reached the obliterator.

In terms of ships I reached the sabre and the dragon (last one through the cardinal). The armors reached are the assault and revenant  and I believe I'm not missing anything more relevant

Which can be the elements I am missing to access the final mission and more end game stuff?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:53:56 pm by Vesparco »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 20, 2015, 02:20:19 pm »
Spoiler:
In addition to Provost you need to interrogate Mercenaries (for best armours) and Star Gods Guardian/Public Enemy (to start interrogating Star Gods).
You may also capture some placeholder Dark Ones for quite powerful demonic weapons. Then there is a custom Deep Ones mission.
No custom gauss weapons are in game yet, only placeholder Assault Railgun.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1034 on: April 20, 2015, 02:43:34 pm »
Faction leader on a cruiser/base is guaranteed only on the highest level of difficulty.