Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 749980 times)

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
There was an issue with the port terrain with non-walkable stairs.

I attached the modified MAPS which make them accessable.

There were also some issues with the loftemps in the mcds (windows too large, barrel too large, damaged fence was nearly indestructible and too large etc. ). The changed mcds are also attached.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions

There were also some issues with the loftemps in the mcds (windows too large, barrel too large, damaged fence was nearly indestructible and too large etc. ). The changed mcds are also attached.

Please contact Hobbes with this, I'm not the creator of those maps. AFAIK he took both maps and loftemps for this terrains straight from TFTD, without changing anything, anyway.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 07:02:14 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile

Can you specify the MCD entries you changed? I've already checked a couple but I want see all that you changed. As for your changes:
* The damaged fences doesn't matter their armor value since you can never remove them - if they are destroyed they are simply replaced by another copy of the entry. It is also intentional that their LOFTEMPS settings to be so large, in order to block shots (the whole Port terrain is designed to block shots and to be impossible to remove several objects). 
* The barrel, I have my doubts if it isn't also intentional for the LOFT to reach to the top so that any shots hit the barrel (and make it explode, along with any of the other barrels around). But since the other barrels have a shorter shape, it can well be an error.
* The brick windows, well that's their original design.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:44:49 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
New version is up, this should finalize the endless 0.9 fixes. Includes pretty much all recent requests, much more ordely Pedia, Workshop & Item lists, landing lights on pirate ships for night operations, more sources of rare technologies' prerequisites, some new content, & more. Fully compatible with ongoing campaigns. Enjoy.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
New version is up, this should finalize the endless 0.9 fixes. Includes pretty much all recent requests, much more ordely Pedia, Workshop & Item lists, landing lights on pirate ships for night operations, more sources of rare technologies' prerequisites, some new content, & more. Fully compatible with ongoing campaigns. Enjoy.
Wewt!  Now I just need time to play it!  I already have next week's episodes recorded and produced! ;)

Offline GrandSirThebus

• Sergeant
  • Artist
    • View Profile
Yo, I made some sprites for the gauss weapons mod But they're currently not implemented. These were gonna be the 2nd tier rail guns, but you can use them for whatever. I just want someone to make use of them as I'm proud of their design, and your Piratez mod is awesome. You can chop em up, reskin them, or use parts of them for whatever other weapons you wanna have/make.

(Also if there's something wrong with them let me know and I'll try to make time to fix it)

Preview:
Heavy Sniper RiflePistol

Full Set .zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzhbwldwpf2vyob/RailGuns.zip?dl=0

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Can you specify the MCD entries you changed? I've already checked a couple but I want see all that you changed. As for your changes:
* The damaged fences doesn't matter their armor value since you can never remove them - if they are destroyed they are simply replaced by another copy of the entry. It is also intentional that their LOFTEMPS settings to be so large, in order to block shots (the whole Port terrain is designed to block shots and to be impossible to remove several objects). 
* The barrel, I have my doubts if it isn't also intentional for the LOFT to reach to the top so that any shots hit the barrel (and make it explode, along with any of the other barrels around). But since the other barrels have a shorter shape, it can well be an error.
* The brick windows, well that's their original design.

Yes, I thought the loftemps should be as close as possible to the graphics. I think I changed: barrel, window, fences and the chair.

In addition, there were different movement costs for the broken wall tiles (one facing northeast and one facing northwest). I thought it is more consistent if they have all the same movement cost for walking, sliding and flying.
PORTURBITS: MCD 1, 3, 14, 16, 21, 23, 34, 35
Also in (PORTROADS) MCD 23 I set Blockfire and Blocksmoke to 0 as it was for MCD 20

In the MAPS there was an impassable ground tile placed under the stairs, which made them inaccessable.

Thank you by the way for all the great terrains you introduced, they are really a great improvement for the game.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Mesh armour looks cool. Frequent updates sure keep the game intersting
Are you planning to update Juggernaut (paperdoll and battlescape sprites do not match each other, at least color wise) and Annihilator (paperdoll features fancy visor)?

Yo, I made some sprites for the gauss weapons mod But they're currently not implemented. These were gonna be the 2nd tier rail guns, but you can use them for whatever. I just want someone to make use of them as I'm proud of their design, and your Piratez mod is awesome. You can chop em up, reskin them, or use parts of them for whatever other weapons you wanna have/make.

(Also if there's something wrong with them let me know and I'll try to make time to fix it)

Preview:
Heavy Sniper RiflePistol

Full Set .zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzhbwldwpf2vyob/RailGuns.zip?dl=0

Yay, custom coilguns. Loved your sprites playing FMP, look way way better than TFTD ones.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
- Brass Knuckles deal Stun damage now, use Strength & Skill. Handle no longer uses Skill. Hope Stun Rod is still useful now.

Crunching the numbers, I think the Brass Knuckles (fistycuffs) only really come into their own on Very High Melee Skill and Very High Strength.  I don't thing the Stunrod has to be concerned.

Compared to the handle, The fistycuffs only become more likely to hit around 100 melee skill, and you'd need more than 35 strength to make them better.
Compared to the stunrod,  you'd need over 65 strength, and over 90 melee skill to compare with the likelihood of hitting that even an extremely unskilled stunrod wielder might have. To completely out class the stunrod,  you'd need melee skill of over 140, allow with STR over 65.  This may be great for end game monsters, but early on, the stunrod is clearly better.  I haven't accounted for the two hits to one that the fistycuffs have over the stunrod, but I still think the fistycuffs will be niche weapons later.  Early on, they do present a viable alternative to the handle for the strong and skilled girls, and I think that is a good thing, as it makes them useful again. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions

Nice, nice, very crisp although maybe too vivid for my tastes :) Otoh the current EuroSyndicate lasers look a bit bland in comparison... I'll think about making a good use of those, although I might have to modify them quite heavily to get a bit more uniform look. I might need to use all of them if/when EuroSyndicate appears as a faction. Also the clips look really cool.

As for the custom Gauss line, I'm rather planning to use black&white lasers made by XOps, I'll just modify them a bit and add more red - I'm kinda always leaning towards designs with a clean, uniform look.

About the Juggernaut, I don't know, the paperdoll is way too detailed to make any sort of sprite looking like this, and I grew quite attached to it - not sure if replacing it with rusty-colored, bland normal Power Suit is the way to go. I don't have a ready solution here. About Annihilator - that visor would hardly look like anything on 3x4 pixel face area :) Although maybe I'll add a green visor-sort of thing, I don't know. I was always more concerned with the sprite being easily recognizable than looking exactly like the paperdoll.

@Ivan: yeah, all you've written is true - and I'm glad you like how it's done now - BUT... fistycuffs take only 8 TU, plus like 4 to equip, while grabbing a Stun Rod from the backpack is 12-ish, and every attack takes 20 tu. So you easily get 2-3 attacks with Fistycuffs where you could use the Stun Rod just once. But I agree that in early game, this is not nearly enough to outclass Stun Rod - aaaand there naturally is the fun factor, it's sure fun to use your kung-fu on people :)

EDIT: Talking about balance, it didn't make it to 0.9.d, but I've tweaked the SSRL (which I have a feel is never used), buffing its damage to 120, making it a tad faster and cheaper, but at the price of some accuracy (and max aim range just 20). Maybe now it will be more attractive, remote-delivery of 120 HE damage should be tempting. Oh and also it uses new, super-sweet Ryskeliini's gfx :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 08:43:07 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Well my pro-visor reasoning is simple - Annihilator is immune to smoke, despite laking any headgear, and other armours have them (visors), so why not adapt some of those?
I can live with abstract rusty-orange Juggernaut suit, greyish bscape sprite wouldnt look that good and will be hard to distinguish in smoke, and not using that paperdoll would indeed be a waste.

Love new Bootypedia, nice and orderdly, though I`d prefer having interrogation related stuff to be on top of Mysteries.

Also Xeno Armour and Assassin suit pages say that suit has 200% vulnerability to smoke, while all other armours were updated to have 300%.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Well my pro-visor reasoning is simple - Annihilator is immune to smoke, despite laking any headgear, and other armours have them (visors), so why not adapt some of those?
I can live with abstract rusty-orange Juggernaut suit, greyish bscape sprite wouldnt look that good and will be hard to distinguish in smoke, and not using that paperdoll would indeed be a waste.

Exactly... Well, yeah. Adding Annihilator visor to the to-do list. Really it's not much work, it will just look pretty much the same as every other green visor (...and, after a second thought, there really is no chance of mistaking Annihilator with the Assault Armor, despite the latter being red and having a green visor...).

Love new Bootypedia, nice and orderdly, though I`d prefer having interrogation related stuff to be on top of Mysteries.

Good all that tedious work paid off. Yup, I can see where are you coming from - a player would want to check on these topics without the need to scroll, as they're precisely put there as a reminder that certain researches are no longer needed. This will be changed then.

Also Xeno Armour and Assassin suit pages say that suit has 200% vulnerability to smoke, while all other armours were updated to have 300%.

It's not much of an omission as it is indecisiveness. Not sure if they should be resistant or not. Probable course of action: the Xeno stays at 200% (it protects the skin and the eyes, at the very least, plus is somewhat "magical" in general, bolstering the wearer's metabolism), and the Assassin either gets some sort of a mask or is updated to 300%. Actually, form my own experience and what I've seen on Ivan's LetsPlay, I'm thinking of upping the default smoke damage to 400% - there are many ways of combating the threat of passing out, like having a few doses of Combat Drugs onboard. Frankly speaking, once my soldiers got their health to 60+ level, I start to pretty much ignore the smoke again.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
.... Actually, form my own experience and what I've seen on Ivan's LetsPlay, I'm thinking of upping the default smoke damage to 400% - there are many ways of combating the threat of passing out, like having a few doses of Combat Drugs onboard. Frankly speaking, once my soldiers got their health to 60+ level, I start to pretty much ignore the smoke again.

So Mean!  Actually, in a test run today, 3 gals succumbed to the effects of smoke quite quickly! (note to self: do not pop smoke in the Bonny!)
400% may make the later game a bit more challenging again, but I'm guessing it may make a brutal early game even more brutal. ;)

Cheers!! Ivan :D

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
With 400% I can gas my enemies :) Might be fun.
With specialized Smoke Gear aviable from the start its not that punishing for dedicated snipers.

Also may be make Synthsuits vulnerable to Acid? I have a fond memory of my first successful anti-Merc operation, lots of Pythons with acid ammunition were deployed.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Thanks for the "butchery" option! :)

I MC some of the Cyclops Guards and they are without image in the equipment screen.