aliens

Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 758181 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9 - 28 Mar - HIDEOUT REMADE
« Reply #840 on: March 28, 2015, 03:44:24 pm »
Just "acquire" some goddamned Windows, you can run a dual-system just fine :) I'm actually doing it the other way around, Linux box on a Windows machine, but it's working well enough.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 28, 2015, 04:07:50 pm »
Found some null tiles inside my base.
I just love those new Voodoo Schools btw :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #842 on: March 28, 2015, 04:11:01 pm »
0.9 is up! ....
Oh and Ivan, like I said earlier, it's ready for a let's play if you are :)

Woot! Me so excited!!

Cheers!

niculinux

« Reply #843 on: March 28, 2015, 05:41:06 pm »
Just "acquire" some goddamned Windows, you can run a dual-system just fine :) I'm actually doing it the other way around, Linux box on a Windows machine, but it's working well enough.

don't have any windows copies at home   :o (!!!!!)  :-[

niculinux

« Reply #844 on: March 28, 2015, 07:36:14 pm »
In the menatime, compiled latest build (see here) game works fine but a bit of a bug, when researched "spring celaning" in the very beginning of a game, sometimes i can reearch large barraks, sometime not, don't know if it is a mod problem or a nightly build one  :-\

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 28, 2015, 07:45:59 pm »
I just got v0.9 running. Thanks Dioxine!

I reloaded my most recent base defense mission and I still see the old graphics.
Silly question here: In order to see the new base graphics, do I need to wait for a new base defense mission?

niculinux

« Reply #846 on: March 28, 2015, 08:22:28 pm »
Me too happen to see old graphics, sometime, eg the shot attached refers to the second crash site in Europe, Scandinavian region. Probably a bug?

Edit: it's a crash site, but displays the old terror site maps.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 28, 2015, 08:33:59 pm »
Got a unindentified corpse for a great Corpsemaster.
Found one after Church Crackdown, all Church units were present.

edit:
Me too happen to see old graphics, sometime, eg the shot attached refers to the second crash site in Europe, Scandinavian region. Probably a bug?

Edit: it's a crash site, but displays the old terror site maps.
I think that in such cases everything is okay as long as crashed UFO is present on the map.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 08:36:51 pm by Ridаn »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #848 on: March 28, 2015, 09:06:37 pm »
1. Got these null tiles. Haven't noticed them since my Prison was on the bottom edge of the map. Fixing is easy :)

2. To see the new base in the Quick Battle, you need to delete your user/battle.cfg file (and if you have an old save with base defense, it won't be updated either, until the next base defence comes up)

3. You won't get new terrains without Piratez_planet.rul enabled. ALSO the old terrains are still present, I haven't removed them, why? :) City terrains, with crashed UFOs, are purposefully included in some crash sites (mostly N Hemisphere, temperate zone), just the chance of stumbling upon them is low.

4. The corpse is pretty much identified, it's Curch Zealot's corpse... However I have no idea how it could have ended up at your base. Nothing was changed and I guess we've both killed those guys by a hundred without any glitches... curious.

5. Large Barracks - it's impossible for it to sometimes work, sometimes not. Either it does or it doesn't. Unless you're using some other mods that include this kind of building, that is. Remember that Piratez is incompatible with most mods out there, and ESPECIALLY with my other mods, like large living quarters mod or old Piratez versions.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:08:47 pm by Dioxine »

niculinux

« Reply #849 on: March 28, 2015, 09:48:45 pm »
- New Weapons: Manstopper (Colt M1911),Tech Blade, Ripper, Auto-Ax, 37mm Rifle, Vulcan RFG

Actually, watching with more attention, it seems a desert eagle, that is also its power in the game. Real DE:

Coltm1911 is actually rather weak :/

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 28, 2015, 10:14:19 pm »
I just had a weirdest moment.
I mind controlled a Chrysalid, pointed him at Beastmaster and used its claw attack.
Beastmaster died (turned to her 2nd form), and I got a message about one of my gals dying.
So I did check her position and indeed - she turned into a zombie.
I was unable to reproduce that bug.
Just what the hell happened there?

edit: was able to reproduce that on a 3rd try of eight tries total, but forgot to save.
Lesson is - Don`t mess with VooDoo, kids, bad things can happen.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:36:22 pm by Ridаn »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #851 on: March 28, 2015, 10:30:44 pm »
Ha, weird indeed! Looks like Chryssalids aren't supposed to attack Zombie-like units. Seems like a situation never expected by the devs (and that's why they like me so much... from afar only :) )

About Desert Eagle: it is a separate weapon (Confederate Eagle). You need to look closer :)

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 28, 2015, 10:52:46 pm »
Got it happen for a 3rd time (Lessons learned - zero), this time I killed a Zealot with MCd Chrysalid, and my Annihilator suit Pirate Queen got zombiefied.
So it`s not just a zombie-like units, nobody is safe.
God damn those Chrysalids, being deadly ALL the time.

edit:
noticed another minor thingie about new base - damaged floor tiles behave like gates to nothingness: try autofiring on a floor tile (I tried Bozar and Fatty). After a first hit damaging the floor rest of the burst does not have hit animation and is processed very fast, like autoshot shot on the edge of the map.

Not sure if it even needs any work, just an observation.

edit2:
I`m unable to enslave Church Beastmasters (there is no option in manufactoring list).
I remember requesting a single Clergy Booty as a bonus for enslavement (they had none - 0/0/0), so something probably got broken at that time.

edit3: there is also no slavery options for church acolytes, reverends and cardinals, although fanatical zealots can be enslaved.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:39:56 am by Ridаn »

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 29, 2015, 01:05:15 am »
Thanks about the new base stuff.

Some info/comments/praise so far:

1. I just defeated a terror mission from the Academicians and upon researching the loot I found a STR_HELMET as one of the research items. I suppose that is a left-over from the upgrade to version 0.9

2. When I tried to transfer a prisoner to a base without cells I got "No alien containment for transfer". This kind of breaks character with the mod  :)

3. It appears the rank icons for the lower ranks have dissapeared, if viewed from the equipment screen or battlescape.

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 29, 2015, 11:43:58 am »
I like the close combat hit animations and sounds for close combat weapons. ;D

You may also want to enhance the stunrod hit_sound and hit_animation.

Attached are files from Ryskeliini's taser mod, which seem also appropriate for the stunrod.