aliens

Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 758034 times)

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.87 - 25 Feb - THE ZEPPELINS
« Reply #660 on: March 04, 2015, 03:13:33 pm »
Here is a save with CTD - Cruiser is heading straight to base, then OpenXcom just dies.
I thought it was a missing floor object, or something like that (tried to sell all my stuff just before a mission), but it turned out to be a Outpost building. Or something about Outpost building being able to store items.
So I had to revert to start-of-the-month save and build Vaults to connect hangars with the rest of the base. When Outpost is dismantled mission starts just fine.
Now the problem I got is that all me booty is scattered around Hangars, instead of being stacked up in dedicated Vaults.
Oh, and I probably should have mentioned that I used a custom starting base layout  ::)

No extra mods installed, 2015_02_22_0621 nightly, 0.87 Piratez

edit: OH MY GOD. Is that a buildable craft!? Dem portside cannons, I`m all hyped!

edit2: and a suggestion: 105mm RL craft weapon ammo probably shouldn`t cost Academician Booty to manufacture. It`s kind of a trap option in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:29:17 pm by Ridаn »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #661 on: March 04, 2015, 04:09:29 pm »
Hmm... two strange things:
1. Your save works on my machine WITH the outpost... possibly there was some file missing? I've cleaned stuff up with maps & terrains a bit, maybe it'll work now...
2. This wasn't so with the hangars before! The game was supposed (and used) to drop that stuff *on the upper level only*.... Looks like some things have changed while I was away :) I'll investigate, but it does make you much, much less inclined to simply nuke the hangars, doesn't it? :)

And yes it IS a buildable craft. Now if only these guns could be fired... :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #662 on: March 04, 2015, 04:17:02 pm »
2. This wasn't so with the hangars before! The game was supposed (and used) to drop that stuff *on the upper level only*....

Yeah, it was changed at some point recently, it's the same for the FMP. Now you DON'T want to use HEs in your hangars. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #663 on: March 04, 2015, 04:26:04 pm »
edit2: and a suggestion: 105mm RL craft weapon ammo probably shouldn`t cost Academician Booty to manufacture. It`s kind of a trap option in my opinion.

Good catch with that. It indeed does make no sense - true, Avalanches and Stingrays cost Slave AI, but you get many for one, they're much better, and while Slave AI is found in small quantities, it is also commonplace. Besides the level of guidance the 105mm's have does not warrant such advanced electronics use :)

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 04, 2015, 07:19:39 pm »
I still get a CTD on fresh installation.
May be there is something missing in a 0.87 Piratez download?
Otherwise it is probably a problem on my side, like messed up original files or something.

By the way, why not include a nightly, mod is guaranteed to work on, into a downloads archive too?
I had a problem with running a 0.86 version, because getting an old nightly was pretty much impossible - it "sinked" too low in downloads section - and with all upcoming changes and bugfixes to those changes this situation might repeat itself.

Also looking at those melee weapons by tollworkout, and those spiked armours you posted earlier, I think Raider Booty finally will get some more usage :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #665 on: March 04, 2015, 10:44:29 pm »
I still get a CTD on fresh installation.
May be there is something missing in a 0.87 Piratez download?
Otherwise it is probably a problem on my side, like messed up original files or something.

There's probably a single file missing in the 0.87, can't tell you which one since I've simply dumped a 1000 files or so from my game folder into the "mod shipment" folder. Should work in 0.88.

By the way, why not include a nightly, mod is guaranteed to work on, into a downloads archive too?
I had a problem with running a 0.86 version, because getting an old nightly was pretty much impossible - it "sinked" too low in downloads section - and with all upcoming changes and bugfixes to those changes this situation might repeat itself.

Might be a good idea, yeah.

Also looking at those melee weapons by tollworkout, and those spiked armours you posted earlier, I think Raider Booty finally will get some more usage :)

Oh, yeah.... And there is also THIS... (made by Sportb, currently to be found in Hobbes' UFO Redux megamod):

Offline Taberone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 05, 2015, 05:42:09 am »
Are the colors supposed to be all weird and screwed up when you use the battle generator OpenXCOM has?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:03:24 am by Taberone »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #667 on: March 05, 2015, 05:11:36 pm »
No. And no, I have no idea why some people are experiencing this. Most do not.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 05, 2015, 11:26:30 pm »
Mac or Linux (?) users may experience palette weirdness. That's one possibility. The other may be if YOU (the modder) are using Mac or Linux :)

Offline Taberone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 06, 2015, 03:50:06 am »
Mac or Linux (?) users may experience palette weirdness. That's one possibility. The other may be if YOU (the modder) are using Mac or Linux :)

I'm on Windows 7.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 06, 2015, 08:59:21 pm »
A second time in a row my gals in Heavy Suits (top tier green one) do not participate in base defence missions.
I do remember having sameish problem with Revenant, Brute and Annihilator suits and thing they all have in common is HP boost.
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1898.msg33876.html#msg33876
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1898.msg34453.html#msg34453
So I blame a HP boost.
Will try to replicate it with Warrior armour.

edit: yup, it is a HP bonus.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 09:59:25 pm by Ridаn »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #671 on: March 06, 2015, 10:31:17 pm »
Well, there is no other choice, I'm cutting the HP bonus out. Warrior and Heavy Suit are getting some minor defensive value boosts in exchange.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 07, 2015, 01:46:16 am »
I probably found cause of this bug in code, it should be fix soon.

[PS]

It should be fixed in today nightly.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:02:47 pm by Yankes »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #673 on: March 07, 2015, 11:41:00 pm »
This update is going to be huge... major overhauls, new enemies, endgame stuff. I'm even fooling around with the menu colors, but the viable options are very limited :)

EDIT: and a new armor added, after a long last... Ugh it was a lot of work :)

EDIT2: 3x3 facility! IT IS POSSIBLE.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 08:05:08 am by Dioxine »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 08, 2015, 10:00:01 am »
Aww hell yeah! An armour worthy of a Pirate Queen, now that would show those stupid Guildmasters.

If you take suggestions I have some :)

I wanted to make a variety of modmods with some additions, but I just do not have the time to learn stuff now. So I will dump ideas here, may be it will inspire someone.

Piratez: The Cyberkennels
1)An improved Tamed Reaper
A Cyberreaper. Or a Dragonreaper. With a built in Heavy Flamethrower. And hydraulic jaws.
Manufactured from a Tamed Reaper, plasteel plates, AI, scrape and some other stuff, like academician booty.
So robust it can be recovered and repaired even after being killed. Because cybernetics and stuff. (is it possible? I think mods with recoverable armours use a sameish mechanic)
That would require a recolored sprite, but the rest is pretty doable, I think

2)Boomhound
An attack dog with nasty behaviour problems. Solutuion: HE pack strapped on its back. Corpse is rigged to explode.
Requires a sprite modification, namely a said HE pack being visible.
Can be manufactured from a Attack Dog and a HE pack, later on a modified Blaster Bomb can be used for twice the boom.

3)Variety of recoverable AI controlled cyberdogs
If it is possible to do with Reaper, why not do it with a dogs? And make a few of them too.
Flyhound - flies. Perfect scout.
Fullmetalhound - tough as nails. And hydraulic jaws.
Needlehound - bite attack is swapped with a syringe with a strong anesthetic, tail is modified to shoot tranquilizer darts, unit height is increased.

4)Cybermerc
Well, if you did it with reapers and dogs, it is time to start some human experiments.
Use a Merc as a manufacture input and put a Terminator equivalent as a output.