Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750118 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.83.1 - 07 Sep
« Reply #480 on: September 13, 2014, 12:09:48 pm »
Why trying to wound target with SR when you can kill it outright with Heavy Laser or Rail Driver?

And there's the catch. I can't really make Lasers less available because I have no real control over Mutant Pogrom missions; and Pogrom missions need a weapon loadout that fits everyone (basically it has to be the lowest-tier acceptable in the hands of Mercenaries). At least the laser ammo is less prevalent now, so the laser spam starts a bit later, once you catch an Engineer and research laser ammo manufacturing.

I'm not too concerned about melee being OP (the mod is supposed to be melee-heavy anyway). Even with the best use of smoke grenades, it is risky, and pistols are not intended as standalone weapons, but rather for melee fighters to retain some long-range firepower without the need to dive into their backpacks. Shotguns, otoh, while finally deadly enough to be competitive, suffer from a bad case of "not enough unarmored enemies"...

EDIT: updated sword's picture, by popular demand:

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 12:55:54 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 14, 2014, 05:38:53 am »
Code: [Select]
  - name: STR_GAT_LASCANNON_PARTS
    cost: 20
    lookup: STR_GAT_LASCANNON_UC
    needItem: true

Try deleting that _UC and reloading...? Maybe that'll help, there is no STR_GAT_LASCANNON_UC research topic (even if all Pedia entries use _UC)... I'm not 100% sure how this works, prayers to Omnissiah are in order. Testing all this stuff by myself is impossible, hard to stumble upon Smuggler ships since it's Retaliation time all the time...

Thanks Dioxine. The trick of deleting the entire line of "lookup: STR_GAT_LASCANNON_UC" worked, the game didn't crash, although there was no Ufopedia entry or anything IIRC. Don't worry about testing, this is that we are for  ;)

Another anomaly: My main base has an Outpost (as a quick stop-gap measure to increase bunk and storage space), and the game crashed with this error:  "MAPS/XBASS_10.MAP not found". If I demolish the Outpost a base defense mission proceeds as normal.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #482 on: September 14, 2014, 11:45:25 am »
Another anomaly: My main base has an Outpost (as a quick stop-gap measure to increase bunk and storage space), and the game crashed with this error:  "MAPS/XBASS_10.MAP not found". If I demolish the Outpost a base defense mission proceeds as normal.

Wham, I forgot to add the map to the old version, but I'm uploading a new one today :)

Offline Imeryak

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 14, 2014, 04:36:53 pm »
Bugreport: on crashed terrorship missions map height is to low.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.84 - 15 Sep
« Reply #484 on: September 15, 2014, 01:46:10 am »
Fixed. And finally, 0.84 is up. Mostly tidying up, enhancing & bugfixing this time. As always, check the changelog. Plans for 0.85: Deep Ones & improved tanks (If Warboy provides).

Also, temporarily not uploaded to the Mod Portal as it didn't want to work.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 01:51:15 am by Dioxine »

Offline Diagoras90

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 15, 2014, 11:16:54 am »
Hi Dioxine!

Great mod thus far, I enjoyed it immensely over last few months :) Keep up the good work!

Bug report V 0.84: game crashes whenever I open Ufopedia entry for Large Living Quarters; can`t build it either  :-\ 

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #486 on: September 15, 2014, 05:09:20 pm »
Thanks! About the living quarters... God damn it, went unnoticed since it works for me. 2 things:

terrains:
  - name: XBASE
    mapDataSets:
      - BLANKS
      - XBASE1
      - XBASE2
      - BATHWALL
      - BATHBITZ
    mapBlocks:
  - name: XBASE
    mapDataSets:
      - BLANKS
      - XBASE1
      - XBASE2
      - BATHWALL
      - BATHBITZ

doubled code, delete everything from -name to mapBlocks: ;

2. Make sure you're not running any other mods that modify the base (adding new tilesets/facilities).

Offline Diagoras90

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 15, 2014, 06:57:12 pm »
Checked both, still doesn`t work for me, alas. Oh well, I can manage without a larger facility for the time being. Like I said, awesome mod! :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #488 on: September 15, 2014, 07:09:43 pm »
I'll check this with a clean install later today. Are Large Vaults/Outposts working?

EDIT: Large LQ work with a clean install on an independent machine. Purge all old assets, reinstall the mod.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:33:44 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Diagoras90

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 15, 2014, 09:05:43 pm »
Yep, that`s fixed the problem, many thanks! I`ve been constantly upgrading like crazy since 0.72. Also attack dogs are nice addition, familiar barking made me feel nostalgic ;D Could we possibly get more than 3 on Bonaventura?

Cheers!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #490 on: September 15, 2014, 10:33:10 pm »
I'm happy it worked. Unfortunately, a "HWP" is a "HWP" no matter how much space it takes (and while Bonaventura has 18 space & could fit 4 tanks in, 3 is just fine - tanks are powerful in this mod)... Otoh too many dogs on a mission could make the game too easy :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #491 on: September 16, 2014, 01:01:02 am »
Good news. Seems that the new code allows for two things. One, enemies can keep melee weapons in addition to their ranged weapons, and will use them (I'm quite torn on this - this would wreck accurracy for any enemies wielding 2-handed ranged weapons).

The second one, well, the screen is pretty self-explanatory I think (thanks to Warboy for helping to pull this off!) :)

Offline Ran

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 16, 2014, 02:05:44 am »
Yeah!
No more Ferdinand-Tanks lacking an anti-infantry weapon  ::)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 17, 2014, 10:41:18 pm »
Good news. Seems that the new code allows for two things. One, enemies can keep melee weapons in addition to their ranged weapons, and will use them (I'm quite torn on this - this would wreck accurracy for any enemies wielding 2-handed ranged weapons).

The second one, well, the screen is pretty self-explanatory I think (thanks to Warboy for helping to pull this off!) :)
Can both the weapons (ranged and melee) be "natural" (built in) weapons? For example if I want to make an alien that has claws and spits acid from the mouth?

The extra weapon for the tank.. is it fixed (built-in) like the turret?

Man I'm really falling behind :(

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #494 on: September 17, 2014, 11:51:59 pm »
Can both the weapons (ranged and melee) be "natural" (built in) weapons? For example if I want to make an alien that has claws and spits acid from the mouth?

The extra weapon for the tank.. is it fixed (built-in) like the turret?

Man I'm really falling behind :(

In short: Yes, yes and yes.

The aliens can have as many built-in weapons as you want, but have brain capacity only for melee + ranged combo (2x ranged or 2x melee is too complex for them). However, built-in weapon takes the right hand, and the left hand is free to use for an alien, either to have a terror weapon or normal equipment.

The second tank weapon is fixed, yes. Both weapons can have separate ammo and will use it accordingly. Here's how it looks:

units:
  - type: STR_TANK_CANNON
    race: STR_TANK_CANNON
    stats:
      tu: 70
      stamina: 100
      health: 150
      bravery: 110
      reactions: 20
      firing: 60
      throwing: 0
      strength: 60
      psiStrength: 100
      psiSkill: 0
      melee: 70
    armor: TANK_ARMOR
    standHeight: 16
    kneelHeight: 16
    value: 20
    energyRecovery: 50
    deathSound: 23
    moveSound: 14
    builtInWeapons:
      - STR_TANK_CANNON
      - AUX_TANK_MG
      - STR_HWP_CANNON_SHELLS

*This machinegun has unlimited ammo. To have a weapon with limited ammo, you need to add its ammo to the list of builtInWeapons as well.

*All other parts of HWP/Cannon remain unchanged. The standard tank weapon doesn't even have to be *used* but it is still needed to manufacture the tank / draw the correct turret / storage, sell, buy

And don't feel bad, Warboy wrote code for this just a couple of days ago :) Shame he tied it to Units not Armor, though... else we could have X-Com Soldiers prancing around in 2x2 sized Metal Gear, sporting huge guns :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:58:29 pm by Dioxine »