aliens

Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750182 times)

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.74
« Reply #285 on: July 08, 2014, 10:39:16 pm »
the modtester is "obviously incomprensible"
and if its incomprensible there is no point in answering questions (not that you presented a specific question)

i took the time to make an easy linux solution but you were also unable to use https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=2356.msg23819#msg23819 even after supposedly 3 years of linux usage

together with the fix option for filepaths in the modtester there are now multiple ways to make linux mods workable

it seems you want to get every little bit of work explained in excruciating detail
but i will not help you there
perhaps other can be bothered

Spoiler:
PS:
i am in favor that modders fix their filepaths
for windows modder using the modtester with the"Change case sensitive filepath entries" enabled should do the work for the sextrasound/sprite entries .. there is no useful automatic map renaming

niculinux

« Reply #286 on: July 08, 2014, 11:04:55 pm »
the modtester is "obviously incomprensible"
and if its incomprensible there is no point in answering questions (not that you presented a specific question)

i took the time to make an easy linux solution but you were also unable to use https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=2356.msg23819#msg23819 even after supposedly 3 years of linux usage

together with the fix option for filepaths in the modtester there are now multiple ways to make linux mods workable

it seems you want to get every little bit of work explained in excruciating detail
but i will not help you there
perhaps other can be bothered

Spoiler:
PS:
i am in favor that modders fix their filepaths
for windows modder using the modtester with the"Change case sensitive filepath entries" enabled should do the work for the sextrasound/sprite entries .. there is no useful automatic map renaming

Ok, sry don't wanna be annoyn but i really do not have spare time and will to engage myself in programming, also i am a linux  user who enjoys that so with no exessive ambition, i use it mainly for internet browsing, wordprocessin and very occasional gaming, but understand our poin falko ;) just wishing some experienced linux users and other may wanna contribute, hope i did not bother anyone ;)

Ok never enough to thank you guys for the massive work you did/done so far for the game! Thanks again :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #287 on: July 09, 2014, 12:06:19 am »
I've just used Falko's AWESOME modtester, it found some legitimate garbage in my mod, a lot of stuff that works, and I believe all case-sensitive problems which I've fixed, so the next version SHOULD work under Linux unless something escaped my thrice-repeated search :P

niculinux

« Reply #288 on: July 10, 2014, 10:43:22 am »
I've just used Falko's AWESOME modtester, it found some legitimate garbage in my mod, a lot of stuff that works, and I believe all case-sensitive problems which I've fixed, so the next version SHOULD work under Linux unless something escaped my thrice-repeated search :P

Thanks for cconsideration! Bearing in mind that it s ready when it s ready ;)

Hey, just anoter piratesque addiction for an eventual addictin (rrime xD)

A cool morning star!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
New version is up, let me know about any bugs (I don't have the time to test the game so thoroughly as before these days).

Offline Edrick

• Captain
    • View Profile
When assaulting a landed UFO from the Church, the game crashes when I try to stun an enemy with white shirt and black trousers (Church Civ?) with a Stun Rod.
Otherwise enjoying the game immensely.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Does this occur when using Stun Rod on other enemies as well?

Offline Edrick

• Captain
    • View Profile
Nope, Church Zealots (only enemies I've tried them on) are stunned normally.
Also, killing him works fine. The game only crashes right when he touches the ground after being stunned.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:02:54 pm by Edrick »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
No idea what's going on, I've heard other people are having issues with stunning enemies lately as well. I'm not having any sort of issues with stunning them, just checked, but I'm playing on a week+ old nightly. What version are you playing?

I need to ask the devs about this issue or wait till it's fixed.

niculinux

Finally, the mod starts!!

Hope i won't experience crashes x_x

:-* :-*

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Ha! You will - either by my mistake, or the game developement process may render some of my code harmful. But hopefully they will be very rare :)

niculinux

Ha! You will - either by my mistake, or the game developement process may render some of my code harmful. But hopefully they will be very rare :)

Let's cross our fingers!

Also, the mod on openxcom.com needs updating (still reports 0.74 as latest version)  plus, here and there, may get a game plot or at least a goal, an explanation how to beat the mod? Thanks!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
In soviet russia, the mod beats you.

Read the Pedia, it's your only friend.

Offline Edrick

• Captain
    • View Profile
I was using version 0.75. Anyways, just normally killed the guy, and I could stun Church Neophytes normally in latter missions.
But I also ran across two strange happenings, which I doubt if they could be bugs:
- When researching Trader Bodyguard, I get the Bodyguard and Power Armor pedia entry as usual, but get the Raiders entry instead of the Traders as a faction.
- My base got raided by Govt forces, netting me a negative score at the end of the mission by killing all of them.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
1. Trader Bodyguards know about the people they kill, hence the extra information. Check your Pedia - you should have the Traders entry unlocked too (but it seems you already have it?).
2. Retal Mission Random Factor! Call it an unfortunate accident - looks like some hard boiled cops had a personal hatred towards you and busted your base despite the general policy to tolerate your operation :) But you were still killing cops, hence negative score. On the other hand, Govt doesn't have any super-tough units, so, easy plasma for you!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:37:30 am by Dioxine »