aliens

Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750354 times)

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.73
« Reply #255 on: June 29, 2014, 04:19:56 pm »
For balancing, I have nerfed the Aliens. Especially the mercs have much lower armor and tanks have much lower health. All other enemies are slightly reduced in health or armor.

P.S. Dioxine: I hope, it's alright to post this here. Ply notify me, if you don't want it here and I will delete this!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #256 on: June 30, 2014, 04:47:47 am »
Yeah why not make the enemies less armored than your soldiers are. In my opinion, this makes recovering better guns kinda pointless, and you don't need to think about new tactics. But everyone is entitled to playing a game they like...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #257 on: June 30, 2014, 07:03:37 am »
Amazingly, this mod has its own TV Tropes page. :)

Offline zastava128

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 30, 2014, 02:28:08 pm »
There is no option right now, but indeed, there perhaps should be... I was afraid it'd make the game too easy if you could produce them early on, but then again, I have an idea where to implement it on the tech tree to keep things balanced.

I think it's needed to be honest. Right now, if you lose the Boarding Gun early you're at a severe disadvantage.

I've noticed that Hand Cannons are sometimes used by your enemies, so another possibility would be to also make enemies occasionally carry the Boarding Gun (the Raiders would be a fitting choice for this I think).

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #259 on: June 30, 2014, 02:38:26 pm »
Raiders do carry Boarding Guns sometimes.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 30, 2014, 05:22:02 pm »
Yeah why not make the enemies less armored than your soldiers are. In my opinion, this makes recovering better guns kinda pointless, and you don't need to think about new tactics. But everyone is entitled to playing a game they like...

Well, I am the first to admit that I am a very lazy gamer.

Pls, be so kind and share with us, how to beat the mercs + tanks. In your YouTube Videos you fight easy enemies, only. And it seems to me, your are playing without the Aliens less exposed option.

Amazingly, this mod has its own TV Tropes page. :)

Strange, but not undeserved imho...

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #261 on: June 30, 2014, 09:41:07 pm »
Turning the Sneaky AI option on makes the enemies less aggressive, therefore they use up their TUs running for cover instead of shooting. This indeed makes vanilla XCOM harder, but it makes Piratez easier - as the enemies can rely on their armor but usually have much weaker guns.

About the Mercs? If they're too tough for you, avoid them :) I have no choice what kind of enemies I was fighting in the YT video since it's an unedited recording, I was fighting what appeared - and the Mercs rarely if ever appear that early.

Offline roxor

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2014, 06:01:32 pm »
This mod is great! Thank you for your work.

Its quite difficult, but fun. Right now im stuck with mercs attacking my base. I dont want use easier ruleset, but i cant beat merc tanks... Any suggestion? Im playing base defense mission, i can kill all merc troops, but those tanks... I have used dynamite (several charges on one tank), grenades, heavy laser, gauss pistol, but i cant kill even single one. They seem to be invulnerable.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 06:05:31 pm by roxor »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #263 on: July 01, 2014, 09:01:04 pm »
This is a spoiler. After researching the tank wreck, you will be given all the info below. That's why researching defeated enemies is important.

The tanks, akin to their Merc masters, are nigh-invulnerable to HE and AP, unless treated with extreme force - like Hi-Ex, Heavy Rocket, high-callibre Gauss weapons, or axes. Heavy Laser should do the trick too - after scoring several hits. The tanks do not only have good armor, they have a ton of health too, so persistence is advised.

Even better advice - try to avoid tanks, deal with Mercs first. Tanks aren't as dangerous as they seem, they do not shoot often, aren't very accurate and their hits aren't 100% lethal.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #264 on: July 01, 2014, 11:14:25 pm »
Sensei, sensei! How can I defeat these powerful enemies?"
"Baka! Just kill'em all!"
Because:

;)

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2014, 12:46:39 am »
Merc tanks have a rear armor of 60 and 150 hp. So with a heavy laser you have to hit them about 10 times in the back to destroy them!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2014, 03:53:13 am »
I've seen these tanks going down to a single axe strike :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #267 on: July 05, 2014, 09:46:03 pm »
Dear Dioxine,

please may you in he future do some lowercasin wirk to the mod, see here to see how i'm suffering  >.<

I'm always trying to keep everything case-sensitive... But it's easy to make a mistake when you're dealing with thousands and thousands of files, many of them not mine. But I am not lowercasing anything, this makes editing even more difficult than it is now.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 05, 2014, 09:57:32 pm »
Use the mod tester, it will tell you exactly which mismatches are present
https://falkooxc.pythonanywhere.com/

niculinux

« Reply #269 on: July 06, 2014, 09:43:27 pm »
sorry just to make some an example (may sound a joke but "serious"): since some posts back i suggested to replace bow with something different, here's a pick of an hand-held crossbow:

also it may be an addiction along with a crossbow . In the end...hey ..the current "spraygun" may be replaced with  a...good ol tompshon m1928a machine gun!!

(better to have it with a drum clip with 50 rounds, trust me)

gangsters galore!! hey after all the piratez aren't a bunch of criminals? :D

Peace, out!!!