aliens

Author Topic: additional option in Geoscape pop-up windows  (Read 4157 times)

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
additional option in Geoscape pop-up windows
« on: September 01, 2012, 04:28:00 pm »
1) currently, when a new UFO is discovered (or when you click a UFO, for that matter), you get the "info window" with two buttons: "center on UFO - time=5s" and "cancel".

It might be nice to have a third button there: "intercept", which invokes the intercept screen.
It would be even nicer if the abovementioned "info window" would include "REGION=XYZ", because then you would know which base to start your interception from :)

2) currently, when you try to intercept a UFO and it disappears from radar, you get the options to either "return to base" or "go to last known UFO position".

Wouldn't it be nice to also have the option to "select new target" directly?
because sometimes (actually, most of the time) you will find yourself immediately selecting the same interceptor again and plotting a course to another waypoint, further along the UFO's direction of travel. a true "intercept course", heading for where you think the UFO will be, instead of where it was when you lost it. right?

3) currently, when manufacturing is finished, you get the pop-up and get one button that says "OK", which drops you back to the geoscape.

I think it would be nice to have a second button there "start manufacture" that gets you to the manufacturing screen immediately.
The same button as in the "research finished" window (if what you researched is an item that can be manufactured).

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: additional option in Geoscape pop-up windows
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 07:52:16 am »
3 very good suggestions , i too would like to see these implemented.

Offline pepek

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 04:48:33 pm »
Research completed - OK, View reports - add button to switch directly to current research screen to allocate scientists
+Name of researched project (not sure it it's there, screenshots I googled doesn't contain it)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 07:38:50 pm »
2) currently, when you try to intercept a UFO and it disappears from radar, you get the options to either "return to base" or "go to last known UFO position".

Wouldn't it be nice to also have the option to "select new target" directly?
because sometimes (actually, most of the time) you will find yourself immediately selecting the same interceptor again and plotting a course to another waypoint, further along the UFO's direction of travel. a true "intercept course", heading for where you think the UFO will be, instead of where it was when you lost it. right?
I've implemented this one, will look into the rest.

Research completed - OK, View reports - add button to switch directly to current research screen to allocate scientists
+Name of researched project (not sure it it's there, screenshots I googled doesn't contain it)
You already get the option to allocate research after a research completes (at least in original X-COM, might not be implemented yet in OpenXcom).
I'll look into adding the research name to the window.