Author Topic: Men in Black | Cover Alien | Gazer Alien | WIP new thing  (Read 198003 times)

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
Re: Men in Black -beta 1.2; Cover Alien -alpha 0.8
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2014, 02:12:59 am »
This mod is awesome!! You've done some very high quality work here! I'll forget that the MIB are friendly to aliens, I think it will be a good thing, reminds me of X-Files  8) The insect aliens look evil! I haven't seen them in my game though..
I'll get back to you on suggestions after I play for awhile.

What else are you planning to add on the next update??

Edit: I just realized the Alien you made is based on the Alien on the cover box art. I've always wanted to know why they put that alien on the cover. Did Gollop ever say anything about it? I wanna know what he named it if he ever did. Anyone with twitter want to ask him?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 03:19:40 am by Mr. Quiet »

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2014, 05:37:29 am »
I wanna know what he named it if he ever did.

i want to say "Gregory"? he looks like a Greg.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2014, 11:09:34 am »
This mod is awesome!! You've done some very high quality work here! I'll forget that the MIB are friendly to aliens, I think it will be a good thing, reminds me of X-Files  8) The insect aliens look evil! I haven't seen them in my game though..
I'll get back to you on suggestions after I play for awhile.

What else are you planning to add on the next update??

Edit: I just realized the Alien you made is based on the Alien on the cover box art. I've always wanted to know why they put that alien on the cover. Did Gollop ever say anything about it? I wanna know what he named it if he ever did. Anyone with twitter want to ask him?
The cover alien appears later in the game, it is an endgame-tier alien race just like Ethereals; play a quick battle if you don't want to wait that long.

Right now I just want to finish this because I'm itching to do something different, so I'm not planning to add anything else. The do to list is:
- Finish MiB ufopaedia art.
- Do Cybermite ufopaedia art.
- Do Cybermite autopsy ufopaedia.
- Separate new weapons from MiB (this looks a little painful so I might get lazy and leave everything together. Sorry).
- Balance the new aliens stats.

Gollop now is doing a kickstarter for his new game (you funded it already, right? RIGHT? DO IT). As soon as it's over, I'll try asking him on twitter.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2014, 05:46:11 pm »
The cover alien appears later in the game, it is an endgame-tier alien race just like Ethereals

Which means March. :P

Offline Hythlodaeus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2014, 09:46:35 pm »
- Separate new weapons from MiB (this looks a little painful so I might get lazy and leave everything together. Sorry).

Oh man, no way. Just ask fro someone to help you with it.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2014, 12:33:48 am »
What about adding more units for the MIB, please Robin! The MIB's way of creating new tech should be very different from ours, since the aliens will be sharing tech with the MIB, but also comes with a cost... Cyborg tech, DNA manipulation, or even letting the aliens put an alien parasite egg in them, with a Symbiosis relationship, spreads through the body, and will improve fighting ability by a lot, and tentacles or weird arms will appear out of there bodies when they take a hit. Reminds me of the movie, "the thing"...

I have a question, what do those little terror bugs do? Do they just bite you? They kept biting my operatives and nothing happened. They were wearing power armor. I guess my guys are immune if they have armor?

Thanks for you mod, it's awesome, just hope going after the MIB on almost every mission doesn't get boring. I wish you also gave them "hidden in public view" bases so we can go after them.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2014, 01:49:00 am »
What about adding more units for the MIB, please Robin! The MIB's way of creating new tech should be very different from ours, since the aliens will be sharing tech with the MIB, but also comes with a cost... Cyborg tech, DNA manipulation, or even letting the aliens put an alien parasite egg in them, with a Symbiosis relationship, spreads through the body, and will improve fighting ability by a lot, and tentacles or weird arms will appear out of there bodies when they take a hit. Reminds me of the movie, "the thing"...

I have a question, what do those little terror bugs do? Do they just bite you? They kept biting my operatives and nothing happened. They were wearing power armor. I guess my guys are immune if they have armor?

Thanks for you mod, it's awesome, just hope going after the MIB on almost every mission doesn't get boring. I wish you also gave them "hidden in public view" bases so we can go after them.
Do they really appear THAT frequently? During all my testing they almost never showed up.
Thanks also a lot for the feedback on the terror bugs, I'll increase their bite damage. I started with a low one bacuse their "explode on death" ability seemd already very nasty.

About the rest..
Your ideas are clearly cool, but as I already said this is intended to be a relatively simple addition (also MiB are intended to be a "side dish" enemy).
I may give the the possibility to build bases, provided it is simple enough...

The UFOpaedia entry for the MiB is like this now:

I couldn't match 100% the original style afterall, but I hope it is good enough.

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2014, 02:45:30 am »
wow you art is so similar to the original game than can be used to make a total conversion mod, as a background image in a menu....

simply Great!

applause!

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2014, 02:50:52 am »
Me too, the new screen looks really nice!

I understand if you're wanting to move to other projects after this. So what's next? Let us know!

Offline Hythlodaeus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2014, 03:35:31 am »
One thing though. Remember  it's actually written XCom in game, and not X-COM. So you might want to correct that.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2014, 07:21:07 pm »
One thing though. Remember  it's actually written XCom in game, and not X-COM. So you might want to correct that.
fixed.

Offline Align

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2014, 12:49:53 pm »
I can't help but think there's something odd about the hair and mouth of the new MiB image, compared to the old one.
And the second "ment" should also be "meant" :X

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2014, 09:57:41 pm »
I can't help but think there's something odd about the hair and mouth of the new MiB image, compared to the old one.
And the second "ment" should also be "meant" :X
The old one was a photo, this is a drawing and I'm not Caravaggio! ;_;

"ment" fixed.

EDIT:

Sort of a big update (version 1.8 ) today:
+ Made the new weapons OPTIONAL;
+ MiB Terror mission works for real now (civilians are in; untested in the campaign, quick battle works - see screenshot);
+ Added MiB Commander, has Psi Power (no new sprite though);
+ Now MiB can sort of build a sort of base (still untested in the campaign, but the quick battle works - see screenshot)... Right now the base is a big warehouse lol.
Ideally I'd have to make a very big custom building, but I already checked and making new maps seems a pain...
.. maybe it's possible to make it a two-stage mission, having a XBASE terrain as the second map? Warboy1982 what do you say?

Assaulting a MiB facility in the whatever pole.

MiB Soldier killing civilians
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 11:12:39 pm by robin »

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
Re: Men in Black -beta 1.8 ! Cover Alien -alpha 0.8
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2014, 11:32:04 pm »
I like it, because they are agents who went as far as to getting plastic surgery to show they're hardcore for the Shadow Governmental Organization and also I dunno what other benefit looking alike will have, besides never revealing there past identity. I like it :D

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Men in Black -beta 1.8 ! Cover Alien -alpha 0.8
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2014, 12:51:14 am »
uuuuh... leave it with me, i'll get back to you on that.