aliens

Author Topic: Men in Black | Cover Alien | Gazer Alien | WIP new thing  (Read 195334 times)

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
Re: Men in Black 2.9b | Cover Alien 1.7 | Gazer Alien 1.0
« Reply #255 on: June 19, 2014, 02:07:54 pm »
The problem with them is that 2x2 units are painful: every time I want to see them ingame I need to split them apart to build the spritesheet.

it would be extremely cool if somebody could create an automatic splitter. maybe we should give a shout out to the clever programmers?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #256 on: June 19, 2014, 05:15:09 pm »
it would be extremely cool if somebody could create an automatic splitter. maybe we should give a shout out to the clever programmers?

Yes! +1.

Anyway, Robin, what is the 0.1 version you're talking about? You don't mean an Apocalypse conversion, do you? :)

Offline TOUGH GUY

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 21, 2014, 08:51:40 am »
Hello there! I have recently installed the wonderful OpenXcom as well as this mod, and I just had to sign up here because there's two things that I can't get out of my head.

First, are MiBs supposed to pop up all the time? I swear I get their ufos a lot, way more often than regular aliens. Playing on... uh... I'm a filthy casual, I think it's the middle difficulty. I mean for one alien ufo there's like three or four MiB ones, not even exaggerating. Not a single base either, it's all just terror or them just flying around in their large scouts, getting shot down and then exterminated by my rad dudes.

In fact, I was starting to think I ought to edit the ruleset somehow, so frequent were the MiB missions. Would that be the ufo mission weight variable under particular regions?

Second, somewhere in this thread there's a mention of capturing MiB leaders which leads to interrogation and research. Except not a single time have I been able to cap one. I even mind probed a dude and confirmed he was a commander before stunning. Is there a prerequisite or anything like that, or have I just missed something really obvious like usual?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 09:45:58 am by TOUGH GUY »

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 21, 2014, 11:28:48 am »
Hello there! I have recently installed the wonderful OpenXcom as well as this mod, and I just had to sign up here because there's two things that I can't get out of my head.

First, are MiBs supposed to pop up all the time? I swear I get their ufos a lot, way more often than regular aliens. Playing on... uh... I'm a filthy casual, I think it's the middle difficulty. I mean for one alien ufo there's like three or four MiB ones, not even exaggerating. Not a single base either, it's all just terror or them just flying around in their large scouts, getting shot down and then exterminated by my rad dudes.

In fact, I was starting to think I ought to edit the ruleset somehow, so frequent were the MiB missions. Would that be the ufo mission weight variable under particular regions?

Second, somewhere in this thread there's a mention of capturing MiB leaders which leads to interrogation and research. Except not a single time have I been able to cap one. I even mind probed a dude and confirmed he was a commander before stunning. Is there a prerequisite or anything like that, or have I just missed something really obvious like usual?
It's very strange. During my testing MiB popped up rarely, certainly significantly less frequently than aliens (it's also in the numbers, alien missions have just higher chances to happen).
What version are you using?

In theory there were two interrogation-researches available by capturing MiB. In practice I couldn't make them work, so in the latest version (3.3) I scrapped them. Sorry.

Offline TOUGH GUY

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 21, 2014, 11:54:55 am »
Oh right, that explains the second part then. And I'm using the 3.1 version, I suspect I must have downloaded it right before you published the 3.3 update, seeing as I have downloaded it only like two days ago or thereabouts. I'll try updating.

Whoops, niculinux is right, looks like I should have used the other forum section.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 01:06:12 pm by TOUGH GUY »

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #262 on: June 21, 2014, 05:51:19 pm »
Yes it's better to use that thread for these mods.

Perhaps this one could be closed then, with a link to the new thread in the last post?

Frankly I didn't even notice there are two threads, even thou I post in both.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 27, 2014, 02:31:55 am »

self praise mode ON: so good

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 02:39:44 am by robin »

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 27, 2014, 02:38:12 am »
moar

(this is the auto cannon)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 28, 2014, 08:00:03 am »
Hey Robin, did you see that info from dear Hobbes, and also the attached link ?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:02:49 am by Aldorn »

Offline Gifty

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 28, 2014, 10:00:03 am »
If I'm not mistaken, the Gazer is based off some of that concept art, so I think he's already aware of it.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 28, 2014, 10:43:55 am »
Yes, it's exactly as Gifty said. :)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile