Author Topic: [ARMOR] Improved Uniforms, Kevlars, Dragon Skin & Combat Armor ^_^  (Read 59572 times)

Offline AlienMuncher

• Sergeant
  • Aliens happen...
    • View Profile
Re: [ARMOR] Improved Uniforms, Kevlars, Dragon Skin & Combat Armor ^_^
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2014, 10:44:43 pm »
And you know, aliens can be buffed too in many ways. :)

Good to know! Looking forward to fight against worthy muton/etheral succesors!

Offline 2xG

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2014, 07:19:07 am »
Adn of course does not work under linux  ;D

I've made a repack with corrected cases to make it work on Linux, and also made a directory structure in archive to make install easier.
https://yadi.sk/d/GwtlhFiocUVeJ

Offline TaxxiDriver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2014, 04:38:59 am »
Wow. Look at the whole bunch of great armors! The size of the files is really huge, indeed  :o

It was very kind of you to put the pictures of each uniform. That was really sweat :D

I think it's not possible yet, but it would be great if the armor can change its appearance based on the type of battlescape automatically. I love all the uniforms but you don't want your troops to be equipped with arctic suits in desert maps ;) If it becomes possible, this mod would become superb 8)

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 04:42:15 am by TaxxiDriver »

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2014, 06:13:42 am »
You send small groups of aliens into the planet Earth to go on scouting missions to prepare the way for more aliens to settle in. Being 10x more advanced than the humans, if any of these aliens were discovered and died in a fight, it would be a very sneaky move for these dead aliens to blow up immediately, leaving no evidence of alien existence on Earth, to prevent technology and information leaks for reverse engineering. The short of it is, compromising the whole invasion right from the get-go. Of course you'll find a way around that though. See what I mean??? I think this is what you guys are talking about, right?

I wish you guys gave us a percentage option for giving weapons a chance of blow up on the EU2012 self-destruct advanced option. 25%, 30%, 35%, and so on plzzz!!

I kind of accidentally arrived at this with my mod. I've got units that explode on death like cyberdiscs which means they take their gear and corpses with them. I've got some tweaking to do, but I'm thinking that makes my research tree more interesting because you've got to capture a live one somehow, in order to get one for autopsy. I'm thinking of having a different research branch that will open up a stun weapon so you can then proceed.

regarding the EU behavior does it destroy the weapon on stun? I've got a certain set of weapons that it would make sense to self destruct on death, but I'd like them to stay intact on stun since they are organic in nature. again, just another complication for the research tree if that is how it works. I wonder if it would be possible to set this on a per item basis rather than as a global setting?

Offline TaxxiDriver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2014, 03:27:15 pm »
Just two things to mention:

(1) I saw the rulesets, and all of the armors except the combat armors seem to use the same bigobs and floorob. And those sprites rather looked like a frog wearing some greeny clothes... I don't know how it looks like in the game since I only checked the original files, but I really wish, if possible, all of them having their own bigobs and floorobs. It would be much better, I think ;)

(2) I think the dragon armor doesn't fit with the soldier sprite well. Maybe chopping down the side a little bit and doing something around the shoulders would do the trick? Sorry for asking this kind of rather simple thing but I'm not a good artist... :(

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2014, 10:12:36 am »
Besides dead bodies and corpses, I don't think those objects are ever displayed in game.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2015, 01:19:06 am »
This mod no longer appears to be functioning on the pre-TFTD rehaul of OXC. Both the mod page link and the forum page links give the same error. When you place them in the mod folder and try to launch it itr fails. Personally I don't use it since personal armour is easy to get but I like to keep a version of OXC with lots of these extra bells and whistles for new X-com players to try.

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2015, 02:42:53 am »
Whenever someone says an old mod no longer fails to work my ears perk up, since that is not supposed to happen.  I downloaded the files from the first post, and it looks like they're not quite in the directories that they're referenced by in the ruleset.  I'm not sure how this ever worked..

I got it working, though, just by creating a 'Resources' folder and moving CombatArmor/  CombatArmorAN/  CombatUniform/ into the new Resources folder.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2015, 03:52:50 am »
Yay :D Thanks. Where does this resources folder go? In the core UFO folder or the core OXC folder? This won't screw with TFTD will it? Or is it too early to tell?

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2015, 04:14:36 am »
the mod references it's own files by (for example) "Resources/CombatArmor/Inventory/man_4f0.gif", but the archive in the first post puts the file in "CombatArmor/Inventory/man_4f0.gif".

so, to get it working:
- extract the mod to a folder under the mods directory (I created a folder named "ImprovedUniforms" and extracted it in there)
- go into the newly-created mods/ImprovedUniforms folder and create a "Resources" folder
- move the Combat* folders into the Resources

that's it!  you can create a metadata.yml file for it, but the defaults are fine.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2015, 06:39:11 am »
What the heck's a yml file?

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2015, 07:27:45 am »
What the heck's a yml file?
see https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3617.msg44187.html#msg44187
it's how metadata about mods (like the display name, description, etc.) is encapsulated.  If you've seen any recent posts about "the new mod system", this is what they're talking about.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2015, 07:44:52 am »
Oh thanks. Don't know a damn thing about programming but I imagine those who do feel like a kid at Christmas with this Open project.

Offline tempsanity

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2017, 09:59:03 pm »
Hi guys,

I have a problem with the mod on a mac - I managed to overcome the bug preventing the game from starting (the one mentioned above), but after installing the mod the characters wearing the modded armors are not displayed on the inventory screen/during the battle (empty space/only the gun is visible). Characters without the modded armor look fine.

I've tried different things, the files are in proper locations (in Resources/ and Ruleset/ dirs, no errors when running) and nothing seems to work.

I'm using the nightly OSX build from the Builds & ports forum.

This is my favourite mod, so any help would be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 10:12:41 pm by tempsanity »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2017, 01:24:02 pm »
Look at pictures extensions. As mentioned before, Apple has troubles with .gif