Author Topic: Hybrid game  (Read 42685 times)

Offline Nightwolf

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Hybrid game
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2016, 07:59:24 am »
Hope for a Hybrid game. That indeed could be so fun! Any advance or mod was able to simulate it?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2016, 12:35:58 pm »
Hope for a Hybrid game. That indeed could be so fun! Any advance or mod was able to simulate it?

My X-Com Files pretty much has it, on a limited scale. It contains a story arc where 1999 X-Com has to deal with an early emergence of T'leth agents. It features some underwater missions, both in wilderness and industrial complexes.

But it doesn't include real USOs, I mean ones that travel around the globe and do missions in regions. It is site missions only.

Also, the mod is playable, but very WIP. :)

Offline Nightwolf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2016, 05:00:04 am »
My X-Com Files pretty much has it, on a limited scale. It contains a story arc where 1999 X-Com has to deal with an early emergence of T'leth agents. It features some underwater missions, both in wilderness and industrial complexes.

But it doesn't include real USOs, I mean ones that travel around the globe and do missions in regions. It is site missions only.

Also, the mod is playable, but very WIP. :)

Ey that sounds fun. I will try it! Whoa, the readme looks great! :)

I think its hard to mix both games, but hope someone with wizard skills make that possible, just bases underwater, and if an ufo crashed on water, you can try to recover using xcom underwater bases. And underwater aliens will try to recover the remainings of the down ufo... and "that's it" :P
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 05:05:16 am by Nightwolf »

Offline yhe1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2017, 03:20:52 am »
I think it is time to revive this topic now :) Now that TFTD support is really good

What would be needed to get a Hybrid game going? The basis would just be able to fight UFO and TFTD aliens together.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 03:22:50 am by yhe1 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2017, 08:53:19 pm »
I think it is time to revive this topic now :) Now that TFTD support is really good

What would be needed to get a Hybrid game going? The basis would just be able to fight UFO and TFTD aliens together.

Well, I kinda did what I could in X-Com Files. :P

It's not a true hybrid game, but at least there are underwater missions, underwater ships and TFTD enemies.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2017, 01:13:10 pm »
easiest way to make a hybrid is simply bring all the ufo1 aliens/weapons/armors/ships into ufo2.