Author Topic: OpenXcom Modsite Portal [Updated 6.27.14]  (Read 50544 times)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom MODSITE Portal [3.15.2014]
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2014, 05:54:11 am »
It's already linked here and in the wiki and in the Downloads page, but given its current state I don't think that was such a good idea. :P

Offline Jo5hua

• Colonel
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 01:06:26 am »
The CSS issue has been fixed and logins are open again. Sorry guys. The website went really popular very fast and in the last month it's been attacked by hackers 3 times now. Most all attempts are being mitigated but we are getting a lot of traffic even from automatic search bots. I'm keeping an eye on the website while the codebase matures in a production environment and I am keeping a copy of all files and data.

Basically once the website went live, a really really tiny tsunami ensued. :)

Who knew those Cydonians were also interested in an internet website?

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 01:15:12 am »
The CSS issue has been fixed and logins are open again. Sorry guys. The website went really popular very fast and in the last month it's been attacked by hackers 3 times now. Most all attempts are being mitigated but we are getting a lot of traffic even from automatic search bots. I'm keeping an eye on the website while the codebase matures in a production environment and I am keeping a copy of all files and data.
Watch out for hackers next time :P

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom MODSITE Portal
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2014, 07:07:04 pm »
Hi. I just noticed that I can't seen to be able to any link on the individual Mods to check the Changelog of each file version. Am I being completely blind or is this not working yet? :)

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2014, 07:15:31 pm »
Hi. I just noticed that I can't seen to be able to any link on the individual Mods to check the Changelog of each file version. Am I being completely blind or is this not working yet? :)

Frankly I'm not sure what you mean, but there's no specific place for a changelog. I personally use the "Readme" section for changelogs, since the stuff that normally should be in the readme is in the "Long Description" section anyway.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2014, 10:18:53 pm »
Frankly I'm not sure what you mean, but there's no specific place for a changelog. I personally use the "Readme" section for changelogs, since the stuff that normally should be in the readme is in the "Long Description" section anyway.

When I click to add a new file to a mod the pop window has a field to write the Version Release notes. It states also in the window that "This list of file changes will be shown on the file's page." but I can't seem to find the file page. 

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2014, 10:28:16 pm »
When I click to add a new file to a mod the pop window has a field to write the Version Release notes. It states also in the window that "This list of file changes will be shown on the file's page." but I can't seem to find the file page.

Ah, this. No, I don't think it works, I ignore this window myself. However, there's plenty of places appropriate for a changelog, and we need to be satisfied with this :) (And frankly, it's easier this way.)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2014, 01:52:08 am »
I can't remove images from my mod. Using firefox.

Offline Jo5hua

• Colonel
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2014, 07:27:56 am »
Hi guys. There is a Phase 2 planned for the modsite where a bunch of features will be implemented and bugs fixed. Such as adding further tag support (top tags list), a few firefox fixes (which are taking priority - you can use google chrome for now), and a bug when searching under mod categories (page 2 and on loose the mod category). Also there is a new category being added called "Armor".

Along with this, a small table will be shown on the mod page showing how many people voted for 5 stars, 4 stars, and so on. Also currently when a file is deleted and updated, the unique downloads count is reset to only show the new download's count. The mod download count for every file is being stored so this will be fixed so when you delete a file, the download count will stay fixed.

Another feature being added in Phase 2 (and there is a list of stuff!) is a Mod Authors page. When looking at a mod, the name of the file's Author is shown. When completed you will be able to click a mod author's name and it will show all of their mods.

When uploading a file, you are given the ability to add a changelog to each file update you upload. Phase 2 will allow users to click a [Changelog] link next to the file to show what has changed. This feature is already available in the backend where you upload the mod, and will be available on the mod's page after Phase 2 is complete. Also the downloads section in a mod page is not 'aligned' - this eyesore will be fixed as well.

Also the home page of the website will change drastically to show more mods instead of the 3 mod limit that currently displays. The home page will look more like a big giant mod showcase as it should be.

There is a nice big list for Phase 2, any requests or ideas are welcome.

Edit: I've updated the first post of this thread with a complete list.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:50:34 am by Jo5hua »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2014, 04:25:18 pm »
There is a nice big list for Phase 2, any requests or ideas are welcome.

Edit: I've updated the first post of this thread with a complete list.

Descriptions for the images would be nice. I got pics of all my 5 terrains but no way to telling which terrain is shown in the image.

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2014, 05:31:32 pm »
Great news, Jo5h!

Another feature being added in Phase 2 (and there is a list of stuff!) is a Mod Authors page. When looking at a mod, the name of the file's Author is shown. When completed you will be able to click a mod author's name and it will show all of their mods.

And perhaps a profile of the author? Something like this.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom Modsite Portal [Updated 6.19.14]
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2014, 11:41:01 am »
Jo5h if you could have a look at this https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=2065.msg23609#msg23609

Another idea on Mod Portal would to have an idea of reliability of a mod (I mean there are many nice mods that are still under construction 1.3.3, ...).
Not really useful for modders, but for people that just want to get mods an activate them

Mods should not downraise quality of global project
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 11:42:35 am by Aldorn »

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2014, 12:57:51 pm »
Another idea on Mod Portal would to have an idea of reliability of a mod (I mean there are many nice mods that are still under construction 1.3.3, ...).
Not really useful for modders, but for people that just want to get mods an activate them

I thought the star rating was for this? Or perhaps I don't understand your idea?

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2014, 01:20:05 pm »
in a perfect world the mod creator gives a fair assessment of readiness
like Release, RC, Beta, , WIP, .. in the description
and the user give a fair vote for awesomemness with the stars

Offline Jo5hua

• Colonel
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2014, 01:32:00 pm »
Descriptions for the images would be nice. I got pics of all my 5 terrains but no way to telling which terrain is shown in the image.

Good idea! It's been added to the Phase 2 list.

Great news, Jo5h!

And perhaps a profile of the author? Something like this.

Looks good! I'll use be looking at that site for ideas for when building the author profile page.