aliens

Author Topic: OpenXcom Modsite Portal [Updated 6.27.14]  (Read 54257 times)

Offline Jo5hua

• Colonel
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom MODSITE Portal [2.26.2014]
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 06:26:34 am »
Nice! Although I wonder if you could make the text window dark too, with text appearing as grey. It's a big white light source right now.

Yep! I am definately going to do that.. The big white space is kind of blinding and I definately agree with you there.

Offline Jo5hua

• Colonel
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 05:14:34 am »
I have an easy task at hand for an eager helping hand. When launching the modsite, I need to put together an excel sheet with a list of every single mod on the forums. This way we can make sure that the modsite will have EVERY mod released for OpenXCom. The excel sheet will have the fields Mod Name, Mod Author name, Version (if applicable), and Forum Link (or other URL if hosted elsewhere) to the original URL where it was posted. A zip file of the mod itself in the same directory with the Excel will have the downloaded mod itself.

If anyone can do this, it would be absolutely fantastic and will keep me in my cave until the site is ready.

I will be able to get in contact with each mod's author and notify them of the new modsite. This way they can create an account, and I can transfer ownership of the mod to their account. This will let them manage their own mod, add/update to it, since at first it will all be going into an placeholder author "OpenXCom".

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 04:39:38 pm »
No problem, I will do this.

However, I don't understand this fragment:
and Forum Link (or other URL if hosted elsewhere) to the original URL where it was posted. A zip file of the mod itself in the same directory with the Excel will have the downloaded mod itself.
Does it mean you want a link to the zip, or the post it was published? For example Dioxine hosts his Piratez mod on Mediafire, since it's too big to be attached to a post here.

EDIT: I decided to link to posts, since download links are available there anyway.

See the xlsx file in the attachment. I took some liberties when deciding which mods are "released", which means I included some experimental mods which are nonetheless fully functional. (Only a few have versions indicated, since most people won't bother to indicate the version.)

Please tell me if it's to your liking, Jo5hua!

PS. Needless to say, I make no guarantees this list is complete/accurate.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:31:38 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: OpenXcom MODSITE Portal [3.15.2014]
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 12:58:14 am »
Is this Modsite up and running yet?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 04:37:17 am »
Is this Modsite up and running yet?

Oh yes, yes it is! Well, it's still in beta, but it's mostly functional and can be used as mod repository just fin; some secondary functionalities are still missing (for example the voting system), but nothing major.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2014, 09:44:06 pm »
I would really appreciate it if mod authors started uploading/updating all their mods on the site, instead of only using the forum, as it's a lot easier to navigate and find stuff, plus new 1.0 users will probably head there first. :)

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2014, 11:35:13 pm »
You should put this on the news.

Also change the wording of this topic or make a locked sticky topic in caps to show the mod portal is allowing modders in now!

Offline Jo5hua

• Colonel
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 10:08:27 pm »
I will be moving the website to a domain name and finalizing a lot of changes and updates and a few kinks this week. :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2014, 11:36:25 pm »
I will be moving the website to a domain name and finalizing a lot of changes and updates and a few kinks this week. :)

Can't wait for the rating system to work. I want to give some love to good mods. :)

Offline Jo5hua

• Colonel
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 01:13:20 pm »
Solaris the rating system should work. Please skype me so we can see where it is not working for you :)

Also in other news, the modsite now has it's own domain name, www.openxcom.com !

If you had a mod on lets say www.corelabrat.com/oxc-mods/item-levels - the URL will now redirect to the official URL such as www.openxcom.com/mod/item-levels  -- This will make it easier and shorter to share your mods and for users searching for openxcom mods.

Please use this thread to post any feed back on the modsite - or if your mod is already on the modsite and you would like to take ownership of your mod I can move it to your account.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2014, 05:24:28 pm »
Solaris the rating system should work. Please skype me so we can see where it is not working for you :)

I will, but all I can say is that when I place the cursor over the row of stars, they are highlighted as they should, but clicking does nothing. I checked on two different machines.

Besides, I deleting images doesn't work.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2014, 05:33:02 pm »
could you slow down the automatic pagechanging of "Latest Mods"-view
that tool is completely useless if one only has one second to read 3 mods
10 would be fine / disable it after using the <-/-> Buttons

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2014, 05:36:57 pm »
could you slow down the automatic pagechanging of "Latest Mods"-view
that tool is completely useless if one only has one second to read 3 mods
10 would be fine / disable it after using the <-/-> Buttons

Oh yes, this too.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2014, 01:07:29 pm »
I just have a look  ::) Congratulations for the site Jo5hua !

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2014, 05:47:38 am »
I just checked the site, it's missing the CSS or whatever you're using, only showing the HTML of the site. I hope I just got on while it's in maintenance. Don't want this site looking ugly at 1.0 launch.

Also Josh, I hope you speak to Sup and Warboy about adding a sticky with a title in Caps or something letting new people know about the community mod site. Then add a huge link on the main oxc page. MAke sure everyone gets it.

Do we have a mod manager coming in as well to make mod install/uninstall easier? Makes no difference to me, but I'm sure others would love it.