Author Topic: The Piratez Mod!  (Read 39044 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: The Piratez Mod!
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2014, 01:16:55 pm »
I've added a new faction: Raiders. They use crappy equipment and are generally easy to defeat (in response to the whines about game's being too hard), but then again, you don't get much financial value or points (who cares if you kill highwaymen) out of them.

Using parts from Luke83's Gangs (arms, male torso). What's more?

Warboy's Sentinel I stole for this mod now has a deployment map, since here it's a heavy, lumbering gunship that can double as a light transport (capacity: 6 people).

The ultimate (?) armor suit now done and ready for researching. It's quite insane statwise, but against things like heavy plasma or Reaper's bite, it still only gives about 95% chance of surviving the first hit (with possibly grevious injuries). Chryssalids won't give a damn. Costs well over $2M apiece, including the costs of all the materials you need to assemble, and requires finishing like 20 research topics before being researchable.

Deployed. The blue/metallic suits here is the penultimate armor tier.
Now I only need to add the Govt. This is a vital part of the mod, since killing govt operatives and shooting down their ships will yield you major negative points (but you can still knock them out and loot them... and more importantly, their ships... you have to weigh immediate finacial gain against monthly score). I can only hope this system works :)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:54:27 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2014, 05:29:33 pm »
WOW! ^-^ Really great stuff! Can't wait to try it
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:32:04 pm by Fox105iwsp »

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2014, 10:04:48 pm »
Agreed, I hope all goes well with this new score system you're implementing.

Btw, those half naked raiders are gonna be fun to kill. I like that you added a fodder faction, just for easy kills.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2014, 08:56:53 pm »
Here it is, the first fully playable version of the mod:

https://www.mediafire.com/download/zu17e3z1rxij5ew/Dioxine_Piratez_Mod_0_5.rar

Full compatibility with further versions will be upheld, so feel free to just downolad and install them mid-campaign to get new stuff (when it appears) and fixes.

Instructions:
1.Rename your Data/SoldierName folder to something else.
2.Dump the contents of the archive into the Data folder.
3.Add Piratez.rul, Piratez_Factions.rul and Piratez_lang.rul to the config file (the last file contains all language data, the first two are split for my own convenience).
4.Preferably use with Luke83's Extra Ufos, but this mod is missing a few files and can cause very occassional crashes (always save before landing, if it crashes, temprorarily disable Luke's mod and reload)
5.Start a new campaign!

Known issues:
- new UFO Interception pictures do not work. Wrong graphic format? If anyone knows what's the problem, let me know.
- enemy tanks are missing turrets, they work fine though
- I couldn't add new deathsounds, no matter the format, they kept crashing the game. Even if I used sounds that worked fine as weapon discharges. Any wise words, OpenXcom gurus?
- Generally do not use Flamethrower down the elevator or through the windows (unless standing next to it). It's an autofire blast weapon, and when such a weapon loses LOS (standing enemy visible -> laying enemy out of LOS), OpenXcom hangs. I have reported the problem but it haven't been fixed yet (afaik).
- the unarmored soldier sprite isn't fully finished yet (when the hands are empty, you can see Xcom sleeves that shouldn't be there)

Any suggestions, upgrades, bug reports and comments are more than welcome!

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2014, 12:07:25 am »
Cool, This should be FUN to test ^-^

Offline Ran

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2014, 01:27:19 am »
Your mod contains over 10.500 files - are you serious?  ;D
That's absolutely fantastic, I feel like back when I was playing UFO for the first time. No Idea what's about to happen.  :)

Managed to down an Academy ship and after an hour-long battle my girls had killed 23 heavy armed and armored crewmembers with swords and axes. Reeally tough, just the way I like it.

Two possible issues I encountered:
.) The items "OLD FIGHTER HULL" and "CLOAKING DEVICE" can be purchased, but they have no documentation and I can find them nowhere in my equipment.
.) The Academy ship seems to be missing a wall, the one next to Miss Pantaloons always remains black

Build used:
2014_02_23_1921

EDIT: game just crashed in geoscape while I didn't do anything.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 02:07:34 am by Ran »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2014, 02:53:54 am »
Congratulations on your first Gunship battle, they were meant to be tough. I'm usually experiencing TPKs when trying to engage them with starting gear... :) Now try the same against the Mercenaries :)

I am surprised why the wall remains black - maybe that's because it spawned next to the edge of the map, as it never spawned like this for me. I need to look through its map, I was still learning the trade when I was making it.

Cloaking device and fighter hull - build a hangar then order production of a new ship, you'll find out :) They should be safely stored in your vaults.

Geoscape bug - never encountered it, neither my betatester did. I'll look into it, maybe some mission has wrong parametres or something, and the game crashed when it tried to spawn it... Perhaps the issue is caused by the trajectory of a Fighter, which was made to have stay-on-the-ground timer set to 0... Try reloading and let me know if and when the issue reappears.
If it does, try changing the line in the Piratez_factions.rul from

Code: [Select]
ufoTrajectories:
  - id: PX1
    groundTimer: 0

to
Code: [Select]
ufoTrajectories:
  - id: PX1
    groundTimer: 10

or any other number that can be divided by 5 (the quantum of time in XCOM world) and let me know if it helped, or at least stopped future crashes. The Fighter is a very recent addition and it might have slipped through the testing...

« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 02:55:56 am by Dioxine »

Offline Ran

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2014, 03:24:39 am »
Thanks!

Crash is reproducible, see attached savegame.
The error occurs between Jan12-13th and indeed seems to be related to the Fighter trajectory.
Setting groundTimer to 10 seems to do the trick, so far no further crashes.

Maybe you should open a separate Thread for bug reports to keep things tidy.

By the way - why do all countries have cool pirate names - but Canada is just Canada? :P
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 03:37:54 am by Ran »

Offline Ran

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2014, 06:06:21 am »
I'll keep using this thread for bug reports if you don't mind...

No crashes so far in v.0.5.1, but the gunship still has some serious issues.

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2014, 09:02:36 am »
Is this a Gunship? It was full of Academy Buggers..... they panicked and ran ^_^
Seemed fine for me, I was deploying my prototype armors to save the girls...

Offline Ran

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2014, 07:01:42 pm »
Yep, that's it.
So far I encountered three and all had some black walls which would not illuminate.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2014, 09:37:47 pm »
Yup, the map was crappy, it will be fine in the next update.

Offline begri

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2015, 01:51:53 pm »
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:47:34 pm by begri »