aliens

Author Topic: Is there a savegame converter?  (Read 4265 times)

Offline dragostino

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Is there a savegame converter?
« on: January 12, 2014, 02:16:11 am »
I'm playing the steam version of the game and I'm at an advanced step, I just discovered this openxcom version and I like it, but I don't want to start a new game. So I'm asking if there is a converter or a way to import the steam savegame to openxcom please.
Thanks

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
Re: Is there a savegame converter?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 06:17:23 pm »
no. there isn't one, and I don't think there could ever be one... the savegame structure is completely different, as in fact the whole game structure is (it is programmed to be as close as possible to the original while being better, but takes a completely different route for getting there...).

so, sorry, you'll have to start a new game in openxcom. but it's totally worth it :)

Offline dragostino

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 06:56:24 pm »
 :'(
Thanks anyway...

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 07:48:58 pm »
no. there isn't one, and I don't think there could ever be one... the savegame structure is completely different, as in fact the whole game structure is (it is programmed to be as close as possible to the original while being better, but takes a completely different route for getting there...).

so, sorry, you'll have to start a new game in openxcom. but it's totally worth it :)

We aren't completely ruling out original savegame support, since it's a popular request. However it'll likely be limited and only see the light of day somewhere around v1.0+