Author Topic: (SOLVED)Weapon names not displaying correctly  (Read 3984 times)

Offline fran4x

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
(SOLVED)Weapon names not displaying correctly
« on: December 18, 2013, 10:16:30 am »
Hello, I am relatively new to the X-COM series and after playing for about a week I decided to add some mods to my game. The problem I have is that after I installed some mods, the names of the weapons added would say something like STR_... I do not think this is normal behavior. I have already tried to restore backups, reinstall the mods, change language, reinstall the game, installing other mods, and other unpleasant things to do. I have Windows 8 64 bit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 07:27:12 pm by fran4x »

Offline fran4x

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon names not displaying correctly
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 10:30:26 am »
I did some testing and upon using any of the weapons or armor the game will crash. The same result is recieved from trying to look at the items at the UFOpedia. I do not think I did the installation wrong since I made sure to follow everything step by step.

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 02:13:22 pm »
well im not sure but i think its because the strings attached in the .rul of the mods are "misdisplaced" for your language.....for example i has to manually traduce all the mods to spanish and then added es-419(latin american spanish) strings....you have to open the ruleset folder and then edit it...sorry my english...pm and maybe i'll explain you better

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 05:55:09 pm »
you're not using the 0.9 stable build are you? the modding functionality was added AFTER that was released. make sure you're on the nightly build.

Offline fran4x

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 07:26:22 pm »
Thanks for the help. I figured it out after a while and I must say that I will probably spend more time modding the game than playing it.