Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536695 times)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #1005 on: November 16, 2015, 10:31:31 pm »
Yeah I have no idea how to check if TFTD works with this ;p at the moment I don't have the assets to even run TFTD. I own the game on steam, but ubuntu won't let me download them. I'll have to install wine and then install steam in that and then get TFTD....

I hope in the merge I didn't lose access to TFTD somehow! :x

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 16, 2015, 11:35:02 pm »
To me, this shows that it actually works. It looks mostly like simple missing strings because the mod was not enabled (the mod is also what defines those strings for buttons). Just go in the mod and change the master to "*" (with the quotation marks, I think?) so that it is recognized for TftD as well, load the save with it and it should look better.

It might have some issues with medals, but things like killing X or stunning Y numbers should work, and since Shoes made the weapons proficiency medals work for all weapons to include mods, that should work too. If the "mod compatibility" was there for races/ranks too (ex.: the xenocide medals), that might work too, but the "one of every race" shouldn't, since I think those are actually defined in the ruleset.

It should be a quick find/replace to make a TftD commendation ruleset where all sectoid occurrences are replaced by aquatoids, etc.

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 17, 2015, 03:01:11 am »

It might have some issues with medals, but things like killing X or stunning Y numbers should work, and since Shoes made the weapons proficiency medals work for all weapons to include mods, that should work too. If the "mod compatibility" was there for races/ranks too (ex.: the xenocide medals), that might work too, but the "one of every race" shouldn't, since I think those are actually defined in the ruleset.

It should be a quick find/replace to make a TftD commendation ruleset where all sectoid occurrences are replaced by aquatoids, etc.

I am actually not good in this I will wait to see if Shoes tries to get it to work the mod seems to work flawlessly in UFO other that some bugs that were reported but i do not know what they are.

In TFTD the medals do not show in the UFOpedia I have not played it just loaded and look at it.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 17, 2015, 05:26:18 am »
success at least a good start

****UPDATE*****
OK after a quick evaluation and talking to Warboy, making a copy of the folder with _TFTD and modifying the metadata.yml to show xcom2 might be the better option.

****UPDATE 2******
Strings added
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:32:56 am by xracer »

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 17, 2015, 07:35:35 am »
Awards now showing up in in UFOPEDIA

HOwever when selecting an specific item we get a black screen i think this is due to palette, so i think this is as far as i can take it. Shoes will need to take over and fix that :)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1010 on: November 17, 2015, 08:19:23 am »
See? I told you. Good work, xracer!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1011 on: November 17, 2015, 04:47:07 pm »
Falko's pallette converter may make short work of those 'pedia screens. ;)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 17, 2015, 06:34:24 pm »
Great to hear I don't have to do more work :3 I am especially glad the ufopedia stuff is working to an extent. I wonder if it's a black screen because of ruleset issues again, as if the medals think they're only for xcom1.

Does anyone know if there is a way to share resources between xcom1 and xcom2 mods? I am hoping that I won't have to copy paste things and keep track of updating two locations.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 18, 2015, 01:48:47 am »
Does anyone know if there is a way to share resources between xcom1 and xcom2 mods? I am hoping that I won't have to copy paste things and keep track of updating two locations.

Arthanor mentioned that it can be done in a simple way by setting master= (*)
But i think the issue will be the palette but then again i know nothing about all this,

Ivan maybe you could look into it :P

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 18, 2015, 02:01:49 am »
You can load the same mod with different masters using that, but it will load the same data and that won't work because of the palettes. I was talking about the strings being loaded for both.

The UFOpaedia images will have to be redone to fit with the palette, unless Shoes wants to hack something that makes the medal section display with the UFO palette even in TftD. That might work better since the TftD palette is pretty limited and ugly..

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 18, 2015, 04:51:52 pm »
I love the idea of this mod and I so want to enable it on mine. A couple of questions.

1 - Do I need to start it with a new game or can I enable it on an existing game and let it keep track from then?

2 - Does it work with the latest nightly? (I am using nightly from September)

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 18, 2015, 05:59:57 pm »
1 - Do I need to start it with a new game or can I enable it on an existing game and let it keep track from then?

Yes you can enable it at any point and start tracking from there.

2 - Does it work with the latest nightly? (I am using nightly from September)
No, currently under "development" I can give you an .exe to try, i have not tried it myself in play only in testing for functionality, Keep in mind that the mod if almost perfect in UFO (almost because Shoes says there are some bug I have not played it long enough to see them) but it works.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 18, 2015, 06:01:56 pm »
1 - Yes, you can start using stat tracking from any point. It of course will not be able to recover what your soldiers have done in the past, but it will be able to track stats from the point you enable it.

2 - No, the "mod" requires its specific executable and its compatible nightly (from August 11th.. Shoes! We need an update!! ;)) It will most likely not work with more recent nightly (this topic is full of people who tried and failed)

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 18, 2015, 06:21:38 pm »
Falko's pallette converter may make short work of those 'pedia screens. ;)

Well it seems i have no idea how to use the tool, it keeps giving me blank images :(

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 18, 2015, 07:18:18 pm »
My git branch is up to date, but my local branch actually includes a fix (!) for, of course, a super obscure easy to fix rarely ran into bug. What happens now is that the last person who shot an alien is credited with its kill if the alien dies for reasons that aren't normal; ie, fatal wounds or standing in fire. This of course is not accurate, because if two people shot an alien an both created wounds, they don't both get the kill.

Oh no.

I could.. track everyone whose ever shot an alien, and credit them with assists...

And then I can create commendations that are like "shot everyone in the mission but didn't kill anyone???"