Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536751 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #960 on: August 26, 2015, 11:34:12 pm »
I'm not really prepared to build anything, I just don't have the time to learn the tools and everything. Maybe someone talented and more skilful like Meridian could do it instead, wink wink? :)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 27, 2015, 08:41:37 pm »
I'm not really prepared to build anything, I just don't have the time to learn the tools and everything. Maybe someone talented and more skilful like Meridian could do it instead, wink wink? :)

I just tried to compile this and test it with FMP.

2/ Everything seems to work fine as far as I can say... but see also next point.

1/ I couldn't compile the sources at first... got errors in DebriefingState.cpp. After adding a couple of lines into DebriefingState.h (missing _noContainment, _manageContainment, _destroyBase, _limitsEnforced) and removing double definition of bool variables success and aborted in prepareDebriefing() method in DebriefingState.cpp I could compile sucessfully.

@Shoes: am I doing something wrong? (I took fresh clone of your repo and switched to branch alpha_release; using VS 2010)

@Solarius: how can I reproduce the error? I have used FMP 1.6.3, Commendations and no other mods.

EDIT: now I see a possible difference... on openxcom.com, the last Soldier Diaries version is from 2015-07-22, whereas the git repo is already on 2015-08-11... so maybe the issue doesn't appear anymore. I could try to go further into past in my local repo, but it will have to wait a couple of days...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:39:46 pm by Meridian »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 27, 2015, 09:37:02 pm »
1/ I couldn't compile the sources at first... got errors in DebriefingState.cpp. After adding a couple of lines into DebriefingState.h (missing _noContainment, _manageContainment, _destroyBase, _limitsEnforced) and removing double definition of bool variables success and aborted in prepareDebriefing() method in DebriefingState.cpp I could compile sucessfully.

@Shoes: am I doing something wrong? (I took fresh clone of your repo and switched to branch alpha_release; using VS 2010)

Oops, did I not push that change? :3 my bad, I merged something incorrectly and forgot to push the fix!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #963 on: August 27, 2015, 10:17:48 pm »
@Solarius: how can I reproduce the error? I have used FMP 1.6.3, Commendations and no other mods.

Well, it works now, so I can't really say much. :P I just removed all the configs and saves and it just worked. Anyway, many thanks for helping out Meridian, your effort was not in vain! :)

So, I take it a fixed version is coming?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #964 on: August 27, 2015, 11:22:53 pm »
I am wondering i someone who is playing my Mod also uses this.

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 31, 2015, 10:36:35 am »
I've managed to get some development going on another computer, but I am unable to test the game with it at the moment. So here is an untested version of the mod, to date with the August 11th nightly. I hope it works :3 I have no idea what will happen in TFTD.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234369005/OXC/2015-08-11%20Nightly.zip

Hey Shoes,

So i have been jumping back and forth between games, OXC and OTFTD. I see no significant issue with OXC everything is right of course i am using an 8-11 build to match your 8-11 release.

However on the TFTD side, like you mentioned.
1. The mod is not listed in the mod tab under options.
2. if selected on OXC then the mod is active.
3. The commendation button on the ufopedia is not available.
4. The system seems is tracking all the stats properly however GUI is messy, clearly there are no strings for the new text and since the color is specific for OXC, then OTFTD makes it weird. But i do not think the mod in itself is bad just need to correct a few things in it.

In general i think is just minor issues, i am playing OTFTD because is my favorite :) .

Thanks,
Xracer

Offline DrakeEB

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 02, 2015, 01:42:48 pm »
So, if i revert back to nightly 8-11 this mod will work with FMP 1.6.4 with no issues?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 02, 2015, 02:10:49 pm »
So, if i revert back to nightly 8-11 this mod will work with FMP 1.6.4 with no issues?

No, the version on openxcom.com is still compatible only with 7-13 nightly. There was no new release since then.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 03, 2015, 03:00:38 am »
No, the version on openxcom.com is still compatible only with 7-13 nightly. There was no new release since then.

actually there was a release 8-11

EDIT:
Actually let me correct that there was a nightly release

Nightly version : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234369005/OXC/2015-08-11%20Nightly.zip
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 03:03:08 am by xracer »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 03, 2015, 09:16:10 am »
I was talking about the mod release, not OXC release.

The last available mod versin on openxcom.com is called "2015-07-22 Nightly.zip", which requires this OXC nightly to work properly: "openxcom_git_master_2015_07_13_1222.zip".

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 03, 2015, 10:13:55 am »
no meridian

The latest is 2015-08-11 Nightly.zip

EDIT:

Let me correct that, in the mod site i have no idea what is the latest, but in this thread the link that i posted is the latest that Shoes compiled, as far as i know.

Offline DrakeEB

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 07, 2015, 10:44:49 pm »
Having an install problem.....

I backed up the openxcom.exe and all the dll files. I extract everything from the folder from the 8-11 nightly build for the mod into my openxcom folder and keep getting an (0xc00007b) error when i start the executable.

I didn't have this problem last time installing the mod. I backed everything up and tried a clean install too....

Any help would be nice thx.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 07, 2015, 11:05:01 pm »
Having an install problem.....

I backed up the openxcom.exe and all the dll files. I extract everything from the folder from the 8-11 nightly build for the mod into my openxcom folder and keep getting an (0xc00007b) error when i start the executable.

I didn't have this problem last time installing the mod. I backed everything up and tried a clean install too....

Any help would be nice thx.

My best guess would be that the version of the mod and the version of OXC are different. Now that TFTD is in full swing, nightlies are much more sensitive towards this mod I think.

Offline DrakeEB

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 07, 2015, 11:09:09 pm »
Is there a way to download an older nightly version, for example the 8-11 nightly that you most recently merged the mod with?

When i go to the nightly page on openxcom it only has the recent ones.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 08, 2015, 12:09:00 am »
did you install an 8-11 nightly for OXC?
what i do to prevent any issues is do a clean install of the OXC 1.0 then do OXC 8-11 nightly and then install stats mod 8-11 nightly