aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 542040 times)

Offline Corsix

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #945 on: August 17, 2015, 11:05:34 pm »
Works great! Love it   :)

392 MB of different Mods, Libraries Sprites and C++ bit chunks already inside my folder of OpenXCom. That's what I call productive assembly area  ;D

Can't still believe it but that's true, the game still runs like an old good train on a railway.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 17, 2015, 11:29:13 pm »
is it possible to compile 1 exe with all dlls included?

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #947 on: August 18, 2015, 12:10:38 am »

Yes... would love to use the "extended" Commendations with X-Piratez without having to compile stuff on my own (Windows) and FudgeDragon's may be a bit outdated now...

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 18, 2015, 12:14:57 am »
commendations + extended + main branch mega executable would be crazy

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 18, 2015, 12:27:14 am »

It is, but I don't know how :D

Offline Corsix

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 18, 2015, 12:49:24 am »

Yes, it is, agree with Shoes  :D But to decompile a C-program on Windows ain't that easy like to throw on a GNU/Linux compiler and start editing as one likes to.

With the free distributable version of a Visual Studio like that one:
- https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visual-studio-express-vs.aspx
it is still possible to manage small projects. Don't know if it would be enough to get OpenXCom going to be honest with you... the environment needs to be prepared, cmd.exe and batch processing and so on, with no yummy preview if it ever would work like on other systems.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 18, 2015, 12:56:00 am »
Yes, nightly and my extended version use mxe.cc environment to build stand alone exes.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 18, 2015, 01:06:09 am »
yankes can u share your mxe.cc  env with shoes? perhaps he could try compiling 1 exe  + commendations easier to distribute

i know coding but im so dumb at c++ is barely any use. im sure i could do something but nothing too advanced. i kinda wanna contribute though.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 18, 2015, 01:22:31 am »
https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/blob/master/src/Makefile.mxe
One drawback, its require linux (I use VM with Ubuntu) and small tweaks like different icon, enabling flat sound format and exe name.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #954 on: August 18, 2015, 01:47:58 am »
Yo, I've tried with FMP an sadly it crashes very soon on Geoscape. The same happens if I start a new game. I think it may have something to do with interception.

Haven't tried vanilla yet.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 18, 2015, 03:15:19 am »
https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/blob/master/src/Makefile.mxe
One drawback, its require linux (I use VM with Ubuntu) and small tweaks like different icon, enabling flat sound format and exe name.

How funny, my main computer is running Ubuntu as it's only OS at the moment. I'm pretty poor when it comes to programmer things beyond my mods, so do you have any instructions on how to do this? If it's too much trouble though don't worry about it.

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 18, 2015, 06:14:03 am »
I've managed to get some development going on another computer, but I am unable to test the game with it at the moment. So here is an untested version of the mod, to date with the August 11th nightly. I hope it works :3 I have no idea what will happen in TFTD.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234369005/OXC/2015-08-11%20Nightly.zip

Awesome!!!  I will give it a try and see how it goes :)

thank you Shoes

I do want to avoid making commendations that all soldiers get, but I have found the regional commendations to be pretty good. This commendation, like the weapons commendation and the xenocide commendation, are mostly supposed to be proofs of service for your soldiers; every soldier should get one at some point, but maybe one will get one for USA, another for Egypt.

I agree, i think regional medals are good, they can tell you basically where you have served. not every soldier will get all of them but all soldiers will at least get one.

Offline DrakeEB

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 26, 2015, 01:37:17 am »
Any chance this will be made compatible with FMP?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #958 on: August 26, 2015, 11:29:18 am »
Any chance this will be made compatible with FMP?

Well, it would be more of a case of making FMP compatible with this mod, since it comes with an .exe and the FMP doesn't. :)

I don't know why it's not working together, yet. I need to analyse Commendations ruleset structure to find out what musty be added. But for now I'm surprised it crashes the game in Geoscape, an hour or so after new game - I thought Geoscape was generally left untouched?

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 26, 2015, 05:39:05 pm »
Well, it would be more of a case of making FMP compatible with this mod, since it comes with an .exe and the FMP doesn't. :)

I don't know why it's not working together, yet. I need to analyse Commendations ruleset structure to find out what musty be added. But for now I'm surprised it crashes the game in Geoscape, an hour or so after new game - I thought Geoscape was generally left untouched?

That's interesting indeed. I don't think the crash would be due to the Commendations ruleset; all that's in there are language strings and commendation information. I've tried to make the commendations mod play nice with other mods, so perhaps FMP does something I didn't anticipate and it causes commendations to crash when it tries to log a certain statistic. Being in the Geoscape makes it all the more interesting. Solarious, if you compile your own source, you should be able to do so in debug mode and get an indication of where the game crashes. I'm unable to do it at the moment, but it could provide insight as to why it crashes anyway.