Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536708 times)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #900 on: August 06, 2015, 08:38:38 pm »
It's time for TFTD medals!!! yeah boooyyyyeeee!

I haven't tried (or ever played) TFTD before, but the stat tracking should still work the same :)

Offline wsmithjr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 06, 2015, 10:56:22 pm »
I haven't tried (or ever played) TFTD before, but the stat tracking should still work the same :)

Any plans/timeframe for an updated EXE to give it a whirl?  Looking forward to trying it as TFTD is my favorite version.

Thanks.

Offline DrakeEB

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 07, 2015, 06:10:36 am »
I wanna play with this mod so bad but it crashes anytime i shoot down an alien ship and send my skyranger to the crash site.

I am using built 2015-08-06 23:07 that just came out. I have no problems activating it in the mods tab and it works fine. Ufopedia and the soldier records are fine.

I've tried the Nightly build and Legacy build and it always happens.

I do use Final Mod Pack and High Quslity Sounds, wih no issues.

Any idea why this keeps happening? I even tried just the base Openxcom 1.0 with Legacy build and no other mods and it still happens....

I read somewhere maybe it is a terrain pack issue so i disabled and re-enabled Final Mod Pack like was suggested and still no go...

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 07, 2015, 06:55:39 am »
The 1.0 build got broken a while back, and Shoes never got into fixing it since there is 2.0 coming out soon(ish). So you'll have to use the nightly, which is much better any ways.

Just to get a bit more info, which operating system are you running on? I'm assuming you're on windows for now.

You said you downloaded the new 2015-08-06 nightly build of OpenXCom? And then you installed commendations on top of it?

I expect you have the same problem someone else had earlier: You are trying to apply the Commendations custom executable on a nightly that's much too recent. In this case, newer is not better, newer means different codes from how it was when Shoes developed the latest version of Commendations, which will cause problems.

Get a nightly that matches the date of the latest Commendations release, then apply the latest Commendations release on top of it. That should work.

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 07, 2015, 06:57:46 am »
Wow.... just wow....

You guys have taken this beyond the next level... amazing work I have not had a chance to play with it, but looking at all the work being done this is a great mod, glad I had a little  input :)

Shoes, Ivan, Arthanor amazing work

Offline DrakeEB

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 07, 2015, 09:13:08 am »
The 1.0 build got broken a while back, and Shoes never got into fixing it since there is 2.0 coming out soon(ish). So you'll have to use the nightly, which is much better any ways.

Just to get a bit more info, which operating system are you running on? I'm assuming you're on windows for now.

You said you downloaded the new 2015-08-06 nightly build of OpenXCom? And then you installed commendations on top of it?

I expect you have the same problem someone else had earlier: You are trying to apply the Commendations custom executable on a nightly that's much too recent. In this case, newer is not better, newer means different codes from how it was when Shoes developed the latest version of Commendations, which will cause problems.

Get a nightly that matches the date of the latest Commendations release, then apply the latest Commendations release on top of it. That should work.

Yep Windows, and ok i'll try using an older nightly that matches up better and let ya know what happens. Thx!

Or i could just wait for 2.0....nah lol i just recently got back into Xcom and found all these awesome mods. :)

Offline Corsix

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 07, 2015, 06:24:39 pm »
Ok. I figured out how to make this awesome stat tracking mod to work with Nightly, but still having problems with the OpenXCom Extended version I tend to use usually.

All the fine medals are showing up in the Ufopedia but the inventory screen is lacking the "record" button.

Is there a good soul around, that could point out the correct install procedure to me maybe ? Think I screwed something badly up  ::)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #907 on: August 07, 2015, 06:28:36 pm »
Extended and Soldier Diaries are naturally incompatible because they both use different custom .exe executable files. 

I believe FudgeDragon might have been able to create a merge a couple months ago.  Check back through this thread if you are interested.  Just be aware that it will be a bit out of date.

Offline Corsix

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 07, 2015, 07:00:45 pm »
Allright, got it.

Spoiler:
Soldier Diaries Extended (based of of OpenXCom 25/05/2015 08:57:51 - Commit:db285720550dd4cd87482010f9e94464929ad60b & OpenXCom Extended 27/05/2015 18:37:59 - Commit:c90d5f8cfc7a2a351cae1ce60ee348f681eb1b06)
Combines OpenXCom Extended with Soldier Diaries for the latest nightly
Git: https://github.com/fudgedragon/OpenXcom/tree/SoldierDiariesExtended
Downloads: Windows (win32 x64)

And its working pretty good, thanks for it, appreciate it.

Will repay that favor with some sounds in the future hopefully  ;D

One more question guys, if you don't mind ofc. Were there plans made already to merge together those two major overhauls of the game ? They contain so much lovely changes a true X-Com fan could ever dream of, that's the reason why I ask. In any case, you guys rule :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #909 on: August 07, 2015, 07:06:19 pm »
Generally no.   :(

Shoes has hopes that Soldier Diaries might get integrated into the main branch.  ExTended on the other hand, has gone so far beyond the original code that it will always be an alternative to the main project. 

Someone with the patience and some github skill can continue to do the same thing that FudgeDragon did.  It just takes a lot of dedication to continually update them for all of the changes made by the developers.

Offline Corsix

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 07, 2015, 07:28:01 pm »
Yeah, GitHubbing is way better still then working with FTP servers and waiting for their response usually. Forking and tracking would be the way to go. But it's hell to manage it usually. Respect for ForgeDragoon work would be at place then. And anyone else who wrote those wonderful lines of code that still make fun after so many years :)

Got your point anyway. I might see what I can do. At least, I know now, how to handle those two. Thanks again.

And good luck for Shoes. I hope his mod will make into the main branch.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 07, 2015, 07:38:30 pm »
I would expect that commendations will be merged in at some point after TftD. If I recall correctly, Shoes said Warboy expressed support to the idea.

And the awesome news is: When/if Commendations is merged with the main branch, the next time Yankes updates Extended, it will merge in Commendations too!

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 07, 2015, 10:50:01 pm »
i hope commendations make it into the main branch.

the best feature of this mod  is actually the soldier performance tracking. you can see what missions soldiers went to, how many times they got hurt, how many aliens they killed, what kind of aliens they killed etc.

i'd love to see even more like all time accuracy %, or total kill count, or kpd (kills per day) rating, total service in days. even the ability to graph kills / time or accuracy % / time etc.  i love that stuff.  you could see random patterns develop like your soldier kills less on on wednesdays or your accuracy is better in the winter etc. completely random but make the game much more fun for me. i don't know. i love statistics.  \

even create some form of Performance rating based on available data . and you can see who is your best and most valuable assets. not based on rank but based on performance in battle.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 10:54:41 pm by tollworkout »

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 08, 2015, 03:14:37 am »
i hope commendations make it into the main branch.

the best feature of this mod  is actually the soldier performance tracking. you can see what missions soldiers went to, how many times they got hurt, how many aliens they killed, what kind of aliens they killed etc.

i'd love to see even more like all time accuracy %, or total kill count, or kpd (kills per day) rating, total service in days. even the ability to graph kills / time or accuracy % / time etc.  i love that stuff.  you could see random patterns develop like your soldier kills less on on wednesdays or your accuracy is better in the winter etc. completely random but make the game much more fun for me. i don't know. i love statistics.  \

even create some form of Performance rating based on available data . and you can see who is your best and most valuable assets. not based on rank but based on performance in battle.

Wholeheartedly agree on all points you've stated.

Offline Corsix

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 08, 2015, 05:59:06 pm »
Same here