aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536414 times)

Offline vlad

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #660 on: February 16, 2015, 07:15:17 am »
That was the idea. Aka current gradient (displayed in last border images) is analogy of say sectoid ufopaedia entry and the cushion-like item under the medal with uniform color of the color code under the medal is analogy of sectoid autopsy ufopaedia entry.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #661 on: February 16, 2015, 04:24:10 pm »
Any way to use this Mod with normal git branch?

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 16, 2015, 04:55:40 pm »

I am not sure what you mean by normal git branch. The Legacy version of this mod is meant to work with the 1.0 milestone, and the Nightly version is supposed to work with the latest nightly. I think you are looking for the nightly; it should work, unless Warboy has been especially busy rewriting important parts of code.

Let me know if you have problems!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #663 on: February 16, 2015, 05:04:31 pm »

Um.. just to clarify.  Shoes has written a bunch of custom code that does the stat tracking for the soldier record, as well as for criteria for commendations.  You have to use one of his custom executables as he mentioned above.  This project is branched off the normal git branch to allow for the custom code and custom resources like all the graphics.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #664 on: February 16, 2015, 08:30:07 pm »
Um.. just to clarify.  Shoes has written a bunch of custom code that does the stat tracking for the soldier record, as well as for criteria for commendations.  You have to use one of his custom executables as he mentioned above.  This project is branched off the normal git branch to allow for the custom code and custom resources like all the graphics.

Wouldn't it more convinient if his code would be pulled into Master branch? Because custom executables are kinda alergic  to my OS ;D

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 16, 2015, 08:36:57 pm »
Wouldn't it more convinient if his code would be pulled into Master branch? Because custom executables are kinda alergic  to my OS ;D
I'm affraid main branch won't take any "heavy" modifying code until all necessary things on a main plan be completed. Adding this uber-commit will obviously require alot of attention and learning from the devs, before it become fully supportable. Results may become unpredictable. It is possible, though, after tftd.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #666 on: February 16, 2015, 09:11:24 pm »
I'm affraid main branch won't take any "heavy" modifying code until all necessary things on a main plan be completed. Adding this uber-commit will obviously require alot of attention and learning from the devs, before it become fully supportable. Results may become unpredictable. It is possible, though, after tftd.

Well of course it will take time and main dev's are working on tftd support. But i really like what i see even thou i am not inclined to pull another git and have 2 Versions installed...

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #667 on: February 16, 2015, 10:59:03 pm »
I went ahead and re-mastered all of the medals with the overall screen border.  In game, these feels better to me than without it. 

I have also shifted all the ribbons up, and adjusted the positioning of the medallions so that they don't overlap the bottom border.

Here is a sample of the image thumbnails.

Volutar, I understand you do not like this solution, as it is not like vanilla.  This is true.  This is like Commendations which didn't even exist in vanilla.  I'm happy with the art for now.

If we come up with an alternate means of categorization, I'll consider re-mastering.

Shoes, Do you want these in a PR?    If so, shall they bundle in the current open PR, or in a separate PR?

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 16, 2015, 11:50:25 pm »
Looks good! Throw 'em in the open PR. If I don't look at it this week, I'll have time for sure next week.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #669 on: February 17, 2015, 12:15:14 am »
Alright.  They are all in the PR.  :)

Edit: Also.  If anyone wants access to these before they are packaged in another release, they are available here: https://github.com/IvanDogovich/OpenXcom/tree/AR-ID-Working/bin/data
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 01:35:40 am by ivandogovich »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #670 on: February 17, 2015, 12:31:10 am »
Shoes, does your github repo pull in all changes from the master on regular basis?

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 17, 2015, 12:34:11 pm »
Shoes, does your github repo pull in all changes from the master on regular basis?

Not too regularly, but I can easily do it on request.

Offline Neo23

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 17, 2015, 05:53:09 pm »
I pulled the new files and updated my german translation of the mod. The new version contains all new
Ufopaedia entries, the renamed medals and some cosmetic corrections. As before, feel free to use it.

I like the border version a lot more than the old style. Good work!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #673 on: February 17, 2015, 06:14:00 pm »
Thanks a ton for the Translation work and taking the initiative to pull the files! :D

Cheers!

Offline Neo23

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 18, 2015, 03:07:10 am »
You're welcome :)

Time for me to watch the latest "Up Close and Personal" and Meridian's FMP episodes now.