aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536787 times)

Offline Random Commander

• Captain
  • Making no sense since 1997
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #450 on: October 20, 2014, 09:06:46 am »
As for the double kill in killing ones self and an enemy: lol! I am almost tempted to leave that in there ;p

Actually, you could put it as a standalone medal!

Martyr's Cross

Many a time soldiers will feel that they will not make it through the battle. Sometimes they are right, they are bleeding on the floor and at the mercy of the aliens. There is only one thing left to do: take the aliens with you to hell. We honor these individuals for sacrificing their lives to prevent other soldiers from dying on the field.

This medal is awarded to soldiers who used a grenade or other high-explosive bomb to kill the enemy as well as take their own lives. It is issued only once.

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 20, 2014, 09:11:42 am »
Actually, you could put it as a standalone medal!

Martyr's Cross

Many a time soldiers will feel that they will not make it through the battle. Sometimes they are right, they are bleeding on the floor and at the mercy of the aliens. There is only one thing left to do: take the aliens with you to hell. We honor these individuals for sacrificing their lives to prevent other soldiers from dying on the field.

This medal is awarded to soldiers who used a grenade or other high-explosive bomb to kill the enemy as well as take their own lives. It is issued only once.

Don't encourage Ivan D!!!!! he does it just for shits and giggles :P

And i would imagine the award only being awarded once :O, but the caveat is that only given if you "kill" the enemy unit, because as we can see in Ivan D LP there is a lot of suicide going on everywhere. those soldiers must have been pushed beyond their limits XD  :o

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #452 on: October 20, 2014, 03:42:49 pm »
The latest Medal: "Cold Steel Medal"

To reward those Knife Killers ;)

And I have finished remastering the older images (Thanks Dioxine!), and have about 10 more to do.  All the designs are done, just need to work up the graphics.  I may get them all done this week.

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 20, 2014, 05:07:41 pm »
A rapier?! As someone who used to fence, I would LOVE to see an XCom trooper lunge on a sectoid with a rapier! But really, that's not much of a weapon to use in real combat. Maybe the more generic "sword" would be better?

Also, the idea of a martyr cross is great. Maybe instead of saying "It is issued only once", you could say "This award is given posthumously."

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 20, 2014, 07:32:30 pm »
I like the Cold Steel commendation, even though I don't think it's possible to get in vanilla xcom ;p Don't tell the completionists it's there!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #455 on: October 20, 2014, 07:42:22 pm »
Truth.

It definitely requires a mod.  Either Melee damage option turned on from bashing the aliens with rifle butts, or a lovely Combat Knife / Daichi Blade (to name just a couple).

I did enjoy melee as part of the tactical package in Terror from the Deep, so the Combat Knife was a no-brainer for me.  Part of the reason for Up Close and Personal TBH.

And yeah, I'll make it available as a separate (additional) medal pack for the commendations mod. :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #456 on: October 21, 2014, 03:38:26 am »
@Shoes:  is it possible that "DT_MELEE" isn't defined in the mod?

I'm trying to award my soldiers the melee medal through save file editing and when I try to pull up the soldier's kill screen in their record the game crashes.

This is my criteria.
Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_MELEE_KILL_MEDAL_NAME
    description: STR_MELEE_KILL_MEDAL_DESCRIPTION
    sprite: 34
    criteria:
      killsWithCriteriaCareer: [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]
    killCriteria:
      -
        1: ["DT_MELEE", "FACTION_HOSTILE", "STATUS_DEAD"]

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 21, 2014, 03:49:21 am »
I know the DT_* works because the incendiary commendation is given out without crashing. Are you sure you have a sprite? And that is is called medal_134.png? Without a sprite, the game crashes. I should probably create a fallback generic sprite ;p that seems more reasonable...

Also, if you typo something in the criteria, nothing crashes. If you wrote "DT_MEEE", I think you would get the commendation simply for killing a hostile unit. Or you would never get it. One or the other ;p

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #458 on: October 21, 2014, 06:34:56 am »
Ok, thanks Shoes!  I think I may have got it !

I had the strings named differently!

STR_MEDAL_MELEE_KILL_MEDAL_NAME instead of STR_MELEE_KILL_MEDAL_NAME!  ::)

That should fix it!

Thanks for the extra set of eyes and helping me look at it closer!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #459 on: October 21, 2014, 04:42:08 pm »
@Shoes. :(

Still getting erroneous Nike Crosses with my FlashBang Grenades and the most current .exe (legacy version). 

Popped a terror mission.  Five troops handed out stuns all around with the flashbang grenades.  Five Nike Crosses Awarded. :(

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 21, 2014, 05:31:32 pm »
Ivan would when are we going to see all your hard work!!!! I can't wait, combined with Shoes mods its is a addition for inmmersion

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #461 on: October 21, 2014, 05:53:02 pm »
Ivan would when are we going to see all your hard work!!!! I can't wait, combined with Shoes mods its is a addition for inmmersion

Heheh... you can get a great taste just by watching my LP... I'm featuring a new medal every episode as part of the outro. ;)

(Of course I know you knew that)

But seriously,  I have about 10-12 more medal images to make.  I have the designs finished, I just need to get them made around work, school (started classes again this week), and recording and editing episodes for UpClose and Personal.  I produced Ep 30 last night, and uploaded this morning.  It will air on Wednesday.  I recorded 31 & 32 this morning.  They will air on Friday and Sunday, so I don't have to produce them immediately.  I'd like to get some time to work on the medals tonight, but I'm not sure how far I can get.  It would be great to have them worked up by this weekend, but I can't guarantee anything. ;)

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 21, 2014, 06:03:19 pm »
Heheh... you can get a great taste just by watching my LP... I'm featuring a new medal every episode as part of the outro. ;)

(Of course I know you knew that)

But seriously,  I have about 10-12 more medal images to make.  I have the designs finished, I just need to get them made around work, school (started classes again this week), and recording and editing episodes for UpClose and Personal.  I produced Ep 30 last night, and uploaded this morning.  It will air on Wednesday.  I recorded 31 & 32 this morning.  They will air on Friday and Sunday, so I don't have to produce them immediately.  I'd like to get some time to work on the medals tonight, but I'm not sure how far I can get.  It would be great to have them worked up by this weekend, but I can't guarantee anything. ;)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #463 on: October 22, 2014, 06:12:58 am »
Latest Medals: :)

The Black Cross, Star of Asceplius, (country/region) Campaign Ribbon, and Grenadier's Medal

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 22, 2014, 12:44:44 pm »
Hm, perhaps a general "Campaign Ribbon" string could be made for the ufopedia. When I code it up, I could do that.