aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536470 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #375 on: October 06, 2014, 07:54:14 am »
New Honor Cross: Aka "X-Com Service Medal"   
(Edit: And... I just realized I'm using the wrong ribbon. :(  I should be using the green and white one)

And the Performance Citation:

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:23:31 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 06, 2014, 12:02:37 pm »
So, where's the download for the new version?  ;D

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 06, 2014, 01:29:00 pm »
So, where's the download for the new version?  ;D

I am in the polishing stage of a different project, so the new version is still the old version, on the first page of the forum post. When I get back to this, I will add a commendations section in the ufopedia and import all of ivandogovich's pages! And maybe fix the bugs :x

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 06, 2014, 06:55:47 pm »
- "So what's in the new version, does it work better?"
- "Nah, but it's prettier!"
- "But... Shouldn't it work?"
- "It should be pretty!"

Jokes aside, your mod looks really interesting. I wish I knew c++ to be able to help. But then, between that and modding, I'd never get anything done..! What's your other project?

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 06, 2014, 07:28:06 pm »
I started my modding ventures with Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead. I've modeled body temperature, and now I've returned to it to model windchill. I am quite pleased with it, as it really makes the world feel alive.

As for your jokes!! The only bugs left are immersion breaking more than anything. Stats are tracked correctly, but (some rarer) commendations aren't given out correctly.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 06, 2014, 08:02:54 pm »
I didn't know of that game. It looks interesting.. But I already have no time just playing OpenXCom ;)

I did not mean to offend with the comment above, it's just what went through my head when you said you'd work on the UFOPaedia and maybe fixes. Is your code on github? Maybe if I focus on one small issue, I could make sense of it, instead of trying to read the actual OpenXCom (which proved to be too much to handle). Would be an interesting way for me to get on github too.. hum..!

Let me know if you think I could help.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 06, 2014, 10:30:24 pm »
No offense taken! My code is on github, but the remaining bugs by me too obscure for someone to drop in and fix them easily (as pretentious as that sounds). The first post of the thread has a link to my github; feel free to take a look and contribute in any way you want, even by adding more commendations!

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 07, 2014, 12:05:25 am »
Hey Shoes, i think the auto equip is now just the standard UI option in Openxcom and that the exe of your mod is overwriting that part.

No worries anyone dude, thanks for your reply and thank you for your hard work and awesome mod:)

My mod is now up to date with the latest code base, but I couldn't find any conflicting windows or buttons. If you could provide a screenshot, I would be better able to address the issue!

Also, my mod is now up to date. No actual changes though. First page has been updated to reflect this.

edit: Actually, I've bundled the 3 translations people have sent me over the last few months. I should have gotten those in sooner, but I never forgot :3
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:28:08 pm by Shoes »

Offline davidjruss

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 07, 2014, 02:21:17 pm »
Shoes ,

A couple of quick questions :-

I use the nightly builds before commencing a new game. These include a new exe file , as does your mod.

A) If I use your mod over the current nightly gitmaster exe , does it revert OpenXcom to a base 1.0 version or are the changes from the nightly version still available?

B) Can you confirm that if I use your mod and I then subsequently overwrite your exe with a new nightly build exe , that I then lose the use of your mod.

Many thanks

DavidR

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 07, 2014, 07:47:58 pm »
A) I have two releases of my mod, one for nightly and one for 1.0. I updated this morning the nightly branch, so it is quite fresh. If you update your game and use my outdated .exe, your game will be outdated.

B) If you replace my .exe with a new one, it will be as if you're not playing with my mod anymore (the save files however will not delete any information, so you can come back to it later, or even wait for an update). You can also turn my mod off as any other mod but keep my .exe, and the stat tracking code will continue to work and be displayed; you simply wouldn't get any commendations for them.

Hope you like it!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 07, 2014, 08:00:02 pm »
Kind of a weird question, but how does it play with different OS? I'm using Linux and have been playing 1.0 (there's no nightly released for Linux as far as I know). I have started looking into compiling my own version using the nightly though, since there are a lot of updates to take advantage of.

But, if it were as simple as getting the exe, that would mean it's OS independent, which it doesn't seem to be. Or is the compilation process making other files than the exe that are the OS dependent ones while the .exe isn't? As you can surely tell, I'm confused :P

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 07, 2014, 11:39:24 pm »
Hm, you could try and compile the source from my github: https://github.com/Shoes01/OpenXcom/tree/alpha_release

Other than that, I can't really help you :D

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #387 on: October 08, 2014, 03:21:46 pm »
Latest Medals

Did I actually, just quote Monty Python? ;)

Cheers, Ivan :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:21:52 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #388 on: October 08, 2014, 07:32:15 pm »
It's a very cool project, hopefully we'll see it implemented soon.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 08, 2014, 11:55:24 pm »
Nice improvement Ivan  :)