Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536427 times)

Offline Elyseon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #285 on: July 24, 2014, 05:09:50 pm »
Using that particular Legacy build seems to cause a crash at the end of the mission. The same seems to happen both when finishing the current mission file and when reverting to an earlier Geoscape save file. After doing several reinstalls of the original game files and disabling other mods I'd installed after getting this one, I'm pretty sure it's something in this one that's causing the crashes. Further experimentation has shown that using the modified dlls and exe, but with the commendations mod disabled in the options allows the mission to finish as normal.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 05:16:44 pm by Elyseon »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 24, 2014, 05:49:44 pm »
I'll have to sit down and have a proper run through at some point to see if I can reproduce any of these happenings. :(

Offline Elyseon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 24, 2014, 06:00:32 pm »
I can try to set up a dropbox and put up a zip with the game files I'm currently using, if you think it'll help.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 24, 2014, 06:39:30 pm »
Someone else has also reported issues with the Commendations mod.

I'll have to sit down and have a proper run through at some point to see if I can reproduce any of these happenings. :(

No hurries :)

Offline Elyseon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 24, 2014, 07:18:03 pm »
Someone else has also reported issues with the Commendations mod.

No hurries :)

In regard to that thread, I can attest that so far, purging the config file doesn't seem to have had any effect.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:56:43 pm by Elyseon »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #290 on: July 25, 2014, 05:57:18 pm »
Just wanted to chime in here.  I tried out the Legacy build last night and had a great time.  Looks like medals are being correctly assigned, though I'm running through Carbon-Based Life-Forms at a terrible rate. :) (SuperHuman/Pistols&Grenades Only).

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline Elyseon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 25, 2014, 08:49:34 pm »
Just to be clear here, which build of the Legacy version did you use?
EDIT: Acting upon this latest update, I decided to try a different approach and start a new game. Things seem to be working fine now, so I'm guessing there was some leftover data in the previous saves that didn't take well to the updates? Also, did you remove that medal rookies get upon being recruited? That threw me for a loop until the first actual mission, since I wasn't 100% sure the mod was working, but everything seems to be fine now.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 10:15:09 pm by Elyseon »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #292 on: July 25, 2014, 10:20:15 pm »
I'm running the base 1.0 OpenXcom and I grabbed the Legacy Build called out as the 1.0 version in the opening post.

Of my two surviving soldiers on my first mission, only one received a commendation, so I think that  isn't a problem in the Legacy build.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 25, 2014, 10:52:55 pm »
I'm using the Legacy debug version that Shoes recently posted and I keep getting these occasional crashes, the last two on terror sites, that it can't attribute to any other mod than this one.

Offline Elyseon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 25, 2014, 10:58:34 pm »
I'm using the Legacy Debug build Shoes posted here earlier. Things seem to be working fine since starting a new game. I guess the reason why the X-COM Service Medal wasn't already there is because it's supposed to kick in at the end of the month? At least that's what happened to me.
Kind of wondering how many Black Crosses these guys will end up with on the long run now. Heh, damn rookies.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 11:00:07 pm by Elyseon »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 26, 2014, 06:43:49 pm »
Yeah, the service medal is based on months, not missions; end of month, everyone gets one! Yaaay! All your soldiers can feel special.

I still haven't found time to play, so all I can do is sit here and wonder why Hobbes gets crashes, ivandogovich is running smooth, and Elyseon gets uncalled for commendations. :D

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 26, 2014, 10:12:15 pm »
Yeah, the service medal is based on months, not missions; end of month, everyone gets one! Yaaay! All your soldiers can feel special.

I still haven't found time to play, so all I can do is sit here and wonder why Hobbes gets crashes, ivandogovich is running smooth, and Elyseon gets uncalled for commendations. :D

I removed your mod for my current game so that I can check if the crashes are being caused by something else.

Offline Elyseon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 27, 2014, 05:25:22 am »

I was a bit confused because the Service Medal's description states that it's awarded when they first join. Anyway, I'll keep poking around that new save file and will let you know if it acts up again.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #298 on: July 27, 2014, 06:05:01 am »
The only funny thing that I have noticed is that some of my soldiers have been credited with kills for enemy types they have not encountered or killed.

I.e.  I have only seen sectoids, but one soldier was reported to have a kill on a "floater."
On another mission, one of the soldiers was credited with killing a "rookie/human" but there were no friendly fire incidents to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers, Ivan :D
(Legacy build, with OXC 1.0)

Offline MrTwentyThree

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 14, 2014, 06:47:45 pm »
This doesn't work for me. All the buttons have things like "STR_DIARY," "STR_MISSIONS," "STR_AWARDS," and stuff written on them.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 07:02:18 pm by MrTwentyThree »