aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 541844 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #465 on: October 22, 2014, 03:53:39 pm »
I have a dilemma:o

I made a medallion that I really like, for the Honor Cross, which is the award that everyone gets for joining Xcom.  The medal matches the color in the ribbon, and I really like the effect.

However, it turns out I used the WRONG RIBBON.  :-[  I should have used the Green Ribbon.  The purple and blue one is for Weapon Proficiency.  I don't think the Green Ribbon works as well with this medallion.

Here is my Weapon Proficiency medallion with both ribbons.

I think it works well with the green ribbon.

BUT that requires swapping the ribbons around in the original Commendations mod, and I don't want to haphazardly do that.   I'd only do that if Shoes is in agreement with the switch....

Alternatively, I can scrap the purple/blue Xcom medallion and just work up something new for the Honor Cross.

Thoughts?

Cheers, Ivan

(Edit:  My preferred selection is the set of the first and third images in this post.  Just to clarify.)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 05:32:02 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #466 on: October 22, 2014, 03:57:40 pm »
I think green is way better for accuracy than blue. Green makes mew think of the green light as in "high chances to hit". Blue makes me think of, uh... nothing much in the OXC context, it's pretty much generic. So I'll say do the swap. :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #467 on: October 22, 2014, 05:30:39 pm »
@Shoes:

More thoughts about the erroneous nikes

Code: [Select]
if ((*j)->getGeoscapeSoldier())
{
int soldierAlienKills = 0;
for (std::vector<BattleUnitKills*>::const_iterator k = (*j)->getStatistics()->kills.begin(); k != (*j)->getStatistics()->kills.end(); ++k)
{
if ((*k)->faction == FACTION_HOSTILE)
{
soldierAlienKills++;
}
}
if (aliensKilled && aliensKilled == soldierAlienKills && _missionStatistics->success == true)
{
(*j)->getStatistics()->nikeCross = true;

In this scenario, 8 sectoids were stunned and one was pistol shot and wounded, then stunned.  The end of mission screen had 1 killed, and 8 stunned. 

I think the aliensKilled value is counting the one that died, but everyone else who stunned at least one alien is getting the soldierAlienKills as one as well.  I think the code is matching those values and awarding the Nikes on that basis.

I'll upload the save here too.

Cheers, Ivan :D

Edit:  Oh wait.  In the Save I see this line:

Code: [Select]
      - diary:
                   allAliensKilledTotal: 1

Could that cause them to get issued the Nike? even if I manually remove it from the commendations section?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:03:55 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 22, 2014, 06:56:50 pm »
I think you found the bug! I check to see if ALL kills are given to one soldier. That means that if only one alien was killed, the killer gets the cross. I have to say "if you killed all the dead aliens AND none have been taken alive", which means I can add an even more badass medal, "Mercenary of Mercy", where you captured live all the aliens.

There is one existing "bug" that I am not sure I want to resolve.. if an alien wakes up and is stunned again, your team will have "stunned 2 aliens". Tracking what alien was stunned, and if he wakes up, seems like a lot of work for something that only a power user would do.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #469 on: October 23, 2014, 06:05:00 am »
Heres another batch as I get close to wrapping the Ufopedia section up. :)

Distinguished Service: aka Order of the Hammer   and the Weapon Proficiency Medal

Iron Man Medal &  the Good Luck Citation

Hellraiser: aka Inferno Star & The Metal Menace Citation (A new custom metal to honor Sectopod Kills)

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 23, 2014, 08:55:14 pm »
They are looking awesome

About the Proficiency medal, wouldn't it better if you create 3 medal instead of 1 we have pistols, rifles and Heavy
so proficency with pistol will give you one, and so on. Because we all know the more medals we have the more "awesomer" our soldier is :D

The same goes for Campaing Ribbon, each continent or area can have their individualized medal, as we know differentiation is key, and this way you can see right away where they have served :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #471 on: October 23, 2014, 08:58:48 pm »
The proficiency is tied to the individual weapon.  ie. service pistol, laser pistol, plasma pistol, heavy laser, etc, etc.

The campaign ribbons work the same way.  Also the Xenocide medals. :)

I'm going to create a new string for the Ufopedia name that will just say "Weapon Proficiency Medal" where as the soldier's record will say "Rifle Proficiency Medal" etc.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #472 on: October 24, 2014, 06:24:57 am »
Wooot!  The Final Medals! 

The Military Cross (redesigned from the horrible initial mockup & The Xenocide Medal

The Marksman Citation (aka Sniper Medal) & The Order of Glory

And the Venerable Nike Cross!

I'll probably get everything tidied up (did alot of that tonight and found medals that I had missed in the ruleset) and then run it through the ModChecker and post it this weekend as "Commendations Ufopedia Mod."

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 06:08:13 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 24, 2014, 05:43:12 pm »
Those are gorgeous! Nice work! Now that I just figured out how to compile the nightly, I'll have to figure out how to compile the nightly commendation version.. It never ends! It's always getting better :D

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 24, 2014, 07:37:13 pm »
Those are gorgeous! Nice work! Now that I just figured out how to compile the nightly, I'll have to figure out how to compile the nightly commendation version.. It never ends! It's always getting better :D

I have a link on the first post with a compiled old nightly, but you can have fun merging my mod to the latest nightly yourself to take advantage of all the nightly updates!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #475 on: October 25, 2014, 06:25:15 am »
Commendations UFOPedia posted as a standalone mod Here:  https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=3048.msg34775#msg34775

I have started a new thread and posted this mod there until Shoes can incorporate it into the main mod. 

I have also set up a mini mod with my three custom medals as a separate attachment.

Offline MrFrustrated

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 26, 2014, 06:36:33 am »
Dear Shoes,

I very much like this idea, however other than Open Xcom, your mod is the only mod I have in my game, and since downloading and installing the nightly version, my game crashes everytime I load a save game or try to start a new game.

Since its late,  there are over 30 pages in this thread, and I'm feeling rather ... well frustrated, I figure I would simply ask for some help.

I've already tried switching the option off, but that didn't help. I did flip a few other options on, can't remeber, but they would have all been standard open xcom options.

To Shoes or anyone who can help me, I would deeply appreciate it

Also to Shoes and anyone who makes mods, please when possible have a trouble shooting section in your OP or 1st post after your op.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #477 on: October 26, 2014, 01:49:26 pm »
Dear Shoes,

I very much like this idea, however other than Open Xcom, your mod is the only mod I have in my game, and since downloading and installing the nightly version, my game crashes everytime I load a save game or try to start a new game.

Since its late,  there are over 30 pages in this thread, and I'm feeling rather ... well frustrated, I figure I would simply ask for some help.

I've already tried switching the option off, but that didn't help. I did flip a few other options on, can't remeber, but they would have all been standard open xcom options.

To Shoes or anyone who can help me, I would deeply appreciate it

Also to Shoes and anyone who makes mods, please when possible have a trouble shooting section in your OP or 1st post after your op.

Did you do a complete install?  for example did you copy all the .dll files etc, that come with the Mod?

I don't run the nightly version, but the Legacy version is working well for me.  You might try using that version, especially if you aren't using any other mods that rely on capabilities in the nightlies.

Offline MrFrustrated

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 26, 2014, 06:32:41 pm »
Thanks Ivan, its working.

I would download your add on but I'm not sure if I would bungle it. So I'll wait when everything is working together.

Thanks.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 26, 2014, 09:27:21 pm »
Thanks Ivan, its working.

I would download your add on but I'm not sure if I would bungle it. So I'll wait when everything is working together.

Thanks.

Glad to hear it's working! Was it the .dll issue, or did you move to the legacy/1.0 version?