aliens

Author Topic: [ENEMY][MISSION] Cultist Mod  (Read 22117 times)

Offline ThatDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [ENEMY][MISSION] Cultist Mod
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 12:16:09 am »
How far must you be for the Cultists to appear? And will the hyperwave decoder detect UFOs as "Cultist"? (Similar to how it detects the species of aliens inside a UFO?)

Offline Qpoter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 06:50:46 pm »
May I suggest you clean up your ruleset? I had to manually sift through and clean up all the unnecessary stuff. For example, in 'regions', all that you need is this for any given region:

Code: [Select]
regions:
  - type: STR_NORTH_AMERICA
    missionWeights:
      STR_ALIEN_CULT: 18

But you have it cluttered with a bunch of other stuff which I assume is the result of directly copying from Xcom1Ruleset.rul.

Offline Svanh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 04:37:42 am »
May I suggest you clean up your ruleset? I had to manually sift through and clean up all the unnecessary stuff. For example, in 'regions', all that you need is this for any given region:

Code: [Select]
regions:
  - type: STR_NORTH_AMERICA
    missionWeights:
      STR_ALIEN_CULT: 18

But you have it cluttered with a bunch of other stuff which I assume is the result of directly copying from Xcom1Ruleset.rul.

Thanks for pointing that out. Good timing as well, I'd just thought about doing a bit more openxcom modding. I've stuck a cleaned version in the first post.

How far must you be for the Cultists to appear? And will the hyperwave decoder detect UFOs as "Cultist"? (Similar to how it detects the species of aliens inside a UFO?)

Cultists can come at any time and your first mission could be a cult mission. They should appear as "Cult Supply" missions in a "Cult" UFO. The race listed will be Sectoid or Ethereal and there will be high-ranking aliens of those species on the mission.

Offline ThatDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 08:25:11 am »
I just started a mission on a landed UFO and got a cultist mission! Seems like it works for now!

Offline essohbe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 12:37:02 am »
I tried to use this, I'm using v0.9 so maybe that's the problem but it will crash at startup and read: "line 2854, column 9 illegal map value"

FWIW.

Offline Svanh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 06:46:34 am »
I tried to use this, I'm using v0.9 so maybe that's the problem but it will crash at startup and read: "line 2854, column 9 illegal map value"

FWIW.

Sorry about the late reply! If you want to use mods you'll need one of the nightly builds. I'd suggest the latest one. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 05:55:13 pm »
I just wanted to say that the Cultist map is *pure evil* :)