Author Topic: Help! Modding tanks  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Help! Modding tanks
« on: March 31, 2014, 01:15:41 am »
I've been trying to add a clip for the tank/minigun (part of my Minigun mod), because right now it has unlimited ammo which is too good. So I wanted to make a separate, buyable clip (100 bullets), but I failed spectacularly. The tank won't load onto the craft in quick battle (it says ammo is unavailable), and in actual game it sorta works but it only fires one bullet at a time (should be 20) and clips are treated as separate bullets (so when I bought 2 clips 100 bullets each, the tank has 2 bullets to fire). Am I hitting some sort of engine limitation, or am I just doing it wrong?
Please help! Experimental ruleset is attached, the resources are in the actual mod.

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Modding tanks
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:04:22 am »
Here's my prototype, hope it can help you

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 12:04:46 am »
This is probably because of how vanilla tanks work. Each ammo item always corresponds to one "bullet", while the clipSize corresponds to the full load of the tank. We'd have to look into separating the clipSize from the tank load.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 12:17:35 am »
This is probably because of how vanilla tanks work. Each ammo item always corresponds to one "bullet", while the clipSize corresponds to the full load of the tank. We'd have to look into separating the clipSize from the tank load.

Whoa, I was a few days late with my response and thanks to Fox105iwsp, and you still managed to push a post one minute before me, SupSuper :)

So... yeah, I did some experiments with Fox105iwsp's way of doing things, I had some interesting effects but no success. I guess we need to wait until (and if) these changes make it to the game, and my minigun tank stays the same for now.
Thanks for your time, both of you.