Author Topic: Scenarios  (Read 4322 times)

Offline Sharp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Scenarios
« on: October 15, 2013, 03:56:25 am »
I think it was j'ordos or NKF who made it but I remember having fun in a great scenario of a base defence mission where there are lots of chyrsallids. Lots......

So many that it ends as one man vs a horde.

Took a while to do successfully but fairly fun. Any possibility of getting custom missions as scenarios in place with set units, equipment and enemies?

I mean it's possible to do with save-game editing (how scenario was made in first place I think) but any scope on having it as an actual feature?

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Scenarios
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 10:31:57 am »
OMG! I'm soo jealous. :))  Also 34 operatives killed gives an excellent score. :D But of course 67 aliens bit the grass.

Offline Sharp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 02:09:35 pm »
Well to actually get so many chyrsallids at the start there had to be XCOM soldiers to get killed, I don't think the scenario actually started with any zombies, but it's been a while since I actually played it.

Would be nice though if there was an easy way to try and create scenarios or at least play them in quick battle.

Offline Hobbit Lord

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 03:44:40 am »
This sounds like a really cool idea for a save-game/scenario

Even better would be if you can customize your base...

Eg have a save which you load up where a UFO base invasion ship is scripted to head your way the second you have a base. Use the 'customize initial base' feature giving the player a choice of buildings to place

Also have a 'lights out' (low lighting/dark) option, or the ability to set how many troops are initially available/when you get reinforcements (reflecting a surprise attack)

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 07:52:11 am »
Chryssalid escapes from the overcrowded alien containment!  Maybe you can cram more prisoners but some get sick, some cannabalize each other if you go past 100% capacity....

And maybe we can create rewards for keeping a 300% capacity alien zoo....  Hey, might be good for soldier training....

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 01:31:29 pm »
Looks like a new type of alien mission setup to me. This could be done by adding a new loadout to the Battleship.
And yes, I would like to see such atypical configurations once in a while, provided it's not too common.