Author Topic: Look out the window  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Man in the Funny Hat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Look out the window
« on: October 12, 2013, 10:15:06 pm »
I guess this is just a formal request to re-insert a "feature" of the original game - after landing in the skyranger you were able to have troops simply turn to look to the side and see the terrain next to the ship.  Never saw any aliens that way (and never sure why you could see a building but not an alien out the window) but at least you weren't quite so blind when stepping off the ramp.  You had an idea of the lay of the land before stepping outside and could at least then have a plan in mind.  I never knew if this was a "bug" or a "feature".  I actually played for years before I found out you could do that - it just never occurred to me to TRY that.  Even though it doesn't really change anything (because you STILL are going to be shot at stepping onto the ramp) it is something I really miss from the original game.

Offline Kain13

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Look out the window
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 08:41:08 am »
I guess this is just a formal request to re-insert a "feature" of the original game - after landing in the skyranger you were able to have troops simply turn to look to the side and see the terrain next to the ship.  Never saw any aliens that way (and never sure why you could see a building but not an alien out the window) but at least you weren't quite so blind when stepping off the ramp.  You had an idea of the lay of the land before stepping outside and could at least then have a plan in mind.  I never knew if this was a "bug" or a "feature".  I actually played for years before I found out you could do that - it just never occurred to me to TRY that.  Even though it doesn't really change anything (because you STILL are going to be shot at stepping onto the ramp) it is something I really miss from the original game.

very good idea, I would still be able to see the aliens so  :)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 06:58:11 pm »
I know this was removed because aliens were trying to shoot you through the "hole" in the skyranger that we considered to be a window. Didn't the Avenger have "windows" too? I normally stop playing before I get that far ...

Offline Shadow

• Captain
  • Veteran Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 08:21:01 pm »
Thing is, there's no visible windows on the Skyranger, aside from the canopy.