Author Topic: Longer space for names?  (Read 2915 times)

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Longer space for names?
« on: October 10, 2013, 04:24:55 am »
I think that the name is important since its a space where people add some key information.  Personally I'd put in a 2 digit number indicating their psi strength.  Would it take a lot of work to create a longer space for nicknames or other information?

Offline Hythlodaeus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Longer space for names?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 05:44:11 pm »
The problem isn't wether it's difficult or easy to implement. It's that to add more space to the soldier name field implies taking into account all the fields and menus where it is currently being displayed. I'd say the current space is more than enough. If you want to add psi info or squad roles just abbreviate their names as most players already do.

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 05:53:19 pm »
The problem isn't wether it's difficult or easy to implement. It's that to add more space to the soldier name field implies taking into account all the fields and menus where it is currently being displayed. I'd say the current space is more than enough. If you want to add psi info or squad roles just abbreviate their names as most players already do.

Yeah, I agree ^^

Offline Man in the Funny Hat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 02:26:22 am »
Yeah, there's plenty of length for an actual NAME.  The desire to expand the "name" to actually include a lot of abbreviated soldier data and player-designated information is really just an indication of the gui obstructing better access to meaningful stats and gear loadouts.