aliens

Author Topic: Battlescape control panel  (Read 30234 times)

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
Re: Battlescape control panel
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2013, 09:14:35 pm »
i know i am going off topic hear but to me the only reason i don't use larger numebrs solider in missions is because of the amount of pointless clicking i need to do to get them off the ship and into battle. Normally i secure the landing craft with a few troops and then cant be bothered moving the rest along only to find i NEED them half way through because of taking casualties.  Any sort of group movement could help here.

I hear you , and i know is off-topic how about creating fire-teams based on the location in the ship something like this

_3_      _2_   _1_
11   9    7 5   3 1
12 10    8 6   4 2

we can set the specific position on the ship to belong to a fire-team, in this case position 1-4 will be fire-team 1, position 5-8 will be assigned to fire-team 2 and so on, but that will be only for default set-up after that you could reassign troops however you like. the same way Apoc did. selecting and dragging to the squad you liked, i will try to make a little mockup in a few days this weekend is pretty busy :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2013, 02:34:03 am »
Honestly ,i would be happy to move towards any sort of grouping now, we can argue about what works and doesn't work later :P

i have decided that higher resolutions is the only way to play now and your Control panel is needed ASAP  ;D

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2013, 04:47:30 am »
Control panel is basically done, i have added those last 2 little items for grenades quick access and reload  of course functionality for those would need to be added, although i have re-size the icons to give a little more space to the status bar, and to make it fir vanilla size.

if you think there is something else that need to be changed let me know, maybe we can gather every thing and make a "large" mod, I am tinkering with the rest of the GUI to make it fit a 640x400 but not simply 2x everything.

Althought right now i am focused on teh battlescape i think there isn't much that needs to be done there if the loadout screen is used then that covers basically everything, the rest of the GUIS such as the minimap, scanner, medikit will just be centered with the battlescape as background so that it looks like an actual window. Anything else i am missing? maybe i shoudl play the game and go over every GUI again :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2013, 05:08:00 am »
Just let me know when i can try it for myself :)

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2013, 07:16:36 am »
Hey
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47596892/XracerCom.rar

this is the initial version that warboy compiled it only has a working control panel it has the .exe with the proper dll. aslo you will need to adjust the options.cfg in your save game folder to add the proper ruleset.

give it a try :)

--- posts merged ---

ok it has been long in the making, i think i am doing one too many things at once :P but if you don't do that you will get bored.

I have compiled all of Chiko's sprites and a few other mod like Warboy's combat knife made or adjusted a few sprites from Luke i think in any case is a huge mod i am working on :) maybe too large, so i have asked for help to a lot of people :)

I did a little quick overview of the changes the reserach tree and dependencies are still pending, i want to first get all items to properly display on the GUI.

You can see the overview here.
https://youtu.be/C1UYAePEI4c

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 05:56:54 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline SeanEBlog

• Sergeant
  • https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=1266.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2013, 03:30:49 am »
First sorry for the late reply.

I don't understand what you mean by flush :S.
you are talking about a tooltip? a little text to say what the button is for? i presume you are referring the GUI buttons not the mouse buttons. Otherwise the mouse button "left" to activate/select, "right" to cancel

Sorry for the super late reply. I had to move, took super long.

When I said mouse buttons, I meant that literally. Of course it would act as a tool tip for the GUI buttons, but it would also explain what actions pressing mouse buttons would take.

For example:
-Left, Fire. Ctrl+left, Force Fire. Right cancel.
-Left, Move. Shift+Left Strife or run. Right, turn in place.

I'm sure the favor text would be more flavorful than that but yeah.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2013, 11:41:48 pm »
Sorry for the super late reply. I had to move, took super long.

When I said mouse buttons, I meant that literally. Of course it would act as a tool tip for the GUI buttons, but it would also explain what actions pressing mouse buttons would take.

For example:
-Left, Fire. Ctrl+left, Force Fire. Right cancel.
-Left, Move. Shift+Left Strife or run. Right, turn in place.

I'm sure the favor text would be more flavorful than that but yeah.

hmm... not a bad idea but since right now even tooltips are not done :) i think i will have to see what can be done.

Moving along with my goal to make OXC a higher resolution game here is the latest, thanks to Warboy and Supsuper and a bunch of people that help stupid people do nice things :)

https://plus.google.com/u/1/photos/117436529281832067974/albums/5894756605877745809/5911675865666000082?pid=5911675865666000082&oid=117436529281832067974

this is an actual ingame screenshot. We will get there people!!! :)

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2013, 12:29:24 pm »
WOW!

New graphics is needed or you have to scale originals up 2x in order that everything stays visible and we don't have to poke grenades few pixel high.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2013, 04:45:43 am »
yeah new graphics would be required, but at this point, i am at a stand still due to some unforeseen circumstances. what i will do as soon as i get everything back on track is try to get the battle scape working properly in the higher res, a few people have already done new art but a lot of floor object will need to be added. Also the problem that is see is that your soldiers looks so far away :)

but in test play the game runs smoothly