Author Topic: New AI feedback  (Read 17623 times)

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
New AI feedback
« on: October 05, 2013, 02:50:56 pm »
After cleaning up one tiny and two small saucers so far the New AI performs exceptionally! Aliens are vicious, hungry for blood, show no mercy and absolutely deadly. Even the scout in the tiny saucer started shooting like crazy and not hunkered down inside its tiny saucer like in the previous AI.

Very nice work! Will try to test more with more units just somehow have to create free time, since I accepted a large amount of contract work. :-/

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: New AI feedback
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 04:15:36 pm »
 i was surprised to find a group of 3 floaters working as a team guarding a building whilst the UFO was left empty ( it did explode on impact), i don't recall seeing Group tactics to much in the original so i assume this is something new?

Offline Hadan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 04:24:56 pm »
So far I only tested on the lowest difficulty setting, but I encountered far greater and more coordinated resistance than before.
I lost 2 soldiers against a large scout crewed with sectoids - this should not happen!  ;)

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 09:43:07 pm »
Aliens should use smoke grenades, alien grenades, go berserk and ram into you, biting you with their teeth and clawing away, throwing bricks, teleport, use blades, use drones, use laser-mines.

:)

Offline Shadow

• Captain
  • Veteran Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 06:03:01 am »
My first ever mission, standard scout UFO crash recovery, had me lose two men to Sectoids who played defensively pretty well. They kept popping in and out of those damn apple orchards like bloody Vietcong, taking potshots at my guys while usually denying me good lines of fire.

So thumbs up! ;)

Offline Wild Penguin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 10:38:33 am »
Hmm., when was the AI overhaul exactly? I compiled just a few days ago.

I recently boarded a crashed very large UFO (a battleship I believe it is called), with 3 intact power sources =).

The sectoids were quite vicious when fighting, though still had no change against my troops. *But*, they never ever even tried to use psionics, which could have helped them a little - byt just my thought maybe it's an oversight in the new AI? Or, maybe by chance, my soldiers just happened to be resistant, and the sectoids noticed it and gave up. Poor sectoids, I almost feel like I shuold not have killed them. Maybe I'll go pacifist in the next game ;-)

Need to retest with the most recent GIT I guess...

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 10:44:51 pm »
First encounter in game: small UFO down, the new soldiers didn't even arived, so we went in eight men strong on superhuman.

1 survived.   On Ironman all XCOM units would have been killed!

So this AI looks to be exactly the kind of frightening thing what we were asking for. Good job Warboy!

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 12:04:42 am »
agreed. Good job, Wb!

but now i miss those goofy aliens that made me go wtf!??

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 10:20:12 pm »
Noticed my soldiers reaction firing a lot from the Skyranger when the green arrow button was pressed so I didn't reserve any points for snapshot, etc.. but my soldiers had all or plenty of their APs.

If this is so by design, PLEASE MAKE IT REMAIN THIS WAY. Its so cool and very useful. Makes battles so much faster and enjoyable!

Thank You.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:21:54 pm by mercy »

Offline Sharp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 10:50:29 pm »
Uhm, that regular behaviour. Reserve for snap/auto/aim only stops you moving soldier if you won't have enough TU's after to do whatever you reserve for. Even if you press reserve auto if you reaction fire the shot will still be a snap-shot, same for aimed. Reserving isn't for making sure you have TU's left to react although thats what people do use it for. Soldiers will do reaction fire if they have Initiative (Reaction face off between soldier and alien), TU's and ammo, you don't need to set any button.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 06:29:27 pm »
Um.. I believed pushing the reserve buttons creates reaction fire for 24 years. %-o

Offline CoolKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 01:02:35 am »
Hello! Im New here. Go to the point. I experienced the AI still have strange behavior im using nightly build git 24-11-2013.
Here is the case:

In Terror Mission. I controling my guy wandering aimlesly, and then when im go into buiding i spoted Floater in front of me (about 6 tiles away) and i realize my TU are 3 left. I end my turn. in alien turn he just shot me once my guy still standing then walking 1 tile then look at my direction, walking 1 tile then look at my direction, repeat until run out of TUs. He should have #$%&*@$ KILLED ME in any possibilities. This happen often. and this not ready for AI in 1.0. Please fix this.

And Thank You for u guys making this fantastic game.

I Love U Guys.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 01:36:40 am by CoolKid »

Offline Mooton

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
    • Kreatohr FA
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 01:59:17 pm »
Using the 11-23 nightly build I'm experiencing the same phenomenon as CoolKid is.  Playing on veteran difficulty.

Offline CoolKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 05:26:03 am »
It seem Happened for all difficulties. This made me survived vs 10 etherials on medium scout ship. Because they keep doing "that" pointless thing. I also thanks to smoke grenade for saving my @#$ million times  ;D. Im Playing on Veteran difficulty.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 05:36:35 am by CoolKid »

Offline CoolKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 09:51:22 am »
Finally it FIXED! on git 29-11. YYAAAAAYYYYYYY Im so happy. Nicely done WB you are AMAZING. Can't wait for v1.0.