aliens

Author Topic: [WEAPON] [WEAPON] Sir, the arms dealer has arrived.  (Read 74830 times)

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Sir, the arms dealer has arrived.
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013, 09:49:45 pm »
The SMG looks fantastic, but feels I couldn't hit nothing with it. Only hit once or twice. Maybe will try to give the weapon in the hands of my more able soldiers.

Oops! I walked closer to a sectoid and Voila! Could shoot it with the SMG quite well. Soldiers shooting ability: 64

So nothing is wrong with the SMG.

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2013, 07:17:42 pm »
ahh, quickly just stopping by.

Known problems on SSRL is taken care of and other things.

For now, im looking for (if anyone wants to help with good english) ufopedia for this. its basically a scout drone for early game, no guns or whatever... only able to pop small smoke screen.... Soo basically small spotting robot/drone... Prolly gets done in next week, missing some minor sprites still and clean up on that ufopedia screen.. and ( GAH!) coding of course...

soo, if you want to help out ,pls do :) ... of course you'll get credited for that then.

next will be i guess a medical robot (similiar as this, but healing ability [And lotta more expensive]) ... researchable after medikit and other stuff... but now i must leave.

cu!

Offline Hadan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2013, 09:54:02 pm »
Is this drone 2x2 or 1x1?
As for teh texts, ask Gifty  ;D

Offline Shadow

• Captain
  • Veteran Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2013, 10:28:01 pm »
I had toyed with the idea of a wheeled recon "LWP", with more TUs and less armour than the tracked chassis. Probably somewhat cheaper, too. Unfortunately, I was discouraged by the complexity of modding multi-tile unit graphics. Not to mention the fact I'm not all that good at drawing stuff from scratch. :-\

Offline Gifty

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2013, 02:16:51 am »
I really dig this stuff you're making! I myself am supposed to be doing homework right now, so I thought it would be the perfect time to have a go at a UFOpedia text instead.

SCOUT DRONE
An inexpensive and rudimentary UVS (unmanned vehicle system) often used in modern military conflicts to scout enemy positions or bomb sites. This X-Com model, courtesy of the US government, has been fitted expressly to quickly locate hostiles in a first-contact scenario, feeding real-time digital intel to the rest of the squad. The Scout Drone carries no weapons, but is capable of detonating a smoke pellet to hide itself or its squadmates.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:18:38 am by Gifty »

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2013, 10:38:40 am »

SINGLE SHOT ROCKET LAUNCHER

Updated UFOpedia to better one. ignore image text.

!!  SINGLE SHOT ROCKET LAUNCHER   !!  w a r n i n g

Exploit for this weapon remains usable after one use, becoming an Unlimited Missile Launcher. So carry only one of this baby and you can shoot rockets 10000x times.

Possibly a technical limit for current code: cannot define rocket launcher that has only one use?  Cannot define: Ammo count 1 and NOT reloadable.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:41:44 am by mercy »

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2013, 02:23:09 pm »
A possible hack for creating a single shot weapon would be to make the ammo (a clip with one shot) something like 4x3 inventory size - this would make it impossible to equip extra ammo, because it just doesn't fit. I don't know if that would work. You'd probably be able to equip one "ammo" item in the other hand, though, because there's no size limit for hands, afaik.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2013, 11:17:31 pm »
Taser:

There is a nice hit animation defined for the taser in the ruleset, but its bullet hits sound like an explosion and on hit it generates a small skull explosion. Is this intended, the only way to make this taser work?

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2013, 11:28:02 pm »
I think this is the only way currently. Stun damage for non-melee weapons is defined as an explosion. the explosive radius can be 0 (or is it 1, actually? I don't know), so that there is no real splash damage, but it's still an explosion for game purposes like hit animation.

I guess we'll have to live with it for now, until somebody comes up with a code change to allow non-explosive stun damage for ranged weapons...

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2013, 07:48:39 pm »
@Gifty: Big thanks! really appreciate for writing that ufopedia text, looks more pro than i had in mind  ... ill add you to the credits once ill finish this up. Thanks again :)

About that SSRL, as mortiarty mentioned to make a ammunition to fill up the whole backpack, iv thought it too... but it would be plain silly :P
i thought i could write a irl "rule" to use that weapon... after 1 shot, player should drop it by itself to ground and leave it there, thus it would be left in there and be non recoverable after mission is over...of course dropping that weapon wouldnt cost any TU's ... but yeah...eh, that would be kinda stupid too.

Sure i could make small rockets for that weapon, but then i wouldnt want that it would discard the Xcom Rocket launcher for being cheaper and lightweight...

So we-be-still-pending-on-that :>

Taser is what it is, there is hit animation folder for it made with hit animation pics, soo anyone can try to code to make it look like it should be. For now, i cannot do much about the explosion ani.

@Hadan: it will be 1x1 ... small prew under .. and i also changes the color scheme to be more like the tanks are.

Offline Shadow

• Captain
  • Veteran Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2013, 08:27:31 pm »
NICE! You seem to have a good grasp of X-COM's isometrics.

I would love you forever if you could mod the standard tracked chassis to be wheeled (say, 3 or 4 wheels on each side) instead, but I realize multi-tile unit graphics are a whole other ball game.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2013, 09:13:54 pm »
@Ryskeliini    Beautiful unit graphics!!

Offline tyran_nick

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2013, 09:40:38 pm »
This is really nice! Looking forward to the completed unit

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2013, 01:41:32 pm »
Couldnt stop thinking this last night, so i made a small scetch of this one, little offtopic... :
 mini-MINI-mod for skirmish Battle mode, OXC-EPIC. Everything made in 1x1 sized grids :)

Just think of it, 2x2 sized battleship flying around on a battlefield destroying cities, while armies of muton footsoldiers invading. XCOM Tanks rolling towards to encounter aliens and jets flying around the map ,hunting alien space ships... Huge "gojira" like Chryssalid stomping around, xcom jets ready to fire Avalance missiles at it and BOOM huge-minimalistic nuclear explosion on the map :D .... well i can always dream :> ... back to drones..
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 01:43:52 pm by Ryskeliini »

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2013, 01:50:11 pm »
very cool... full scale battle, via a rather simple modification of the battlescape. we had an idea once about making an alternative air-battle in a similar way... your idea could also be nice.