Author Topic: MCDPatches: where to find reference?  (Read 3928 times)

Offline Raidau

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
MCDPatches: where to find reference?
« on: May 13, 2014, 08:02:16 am »
I have found "MCDPatches:" block in XCom1Ruleset. Seems like the values there are intended to change  terrain properties like pathpinding, LOF, terrainHeight. But wiki reference dosnt contain any info on MCD patches, where can i find some additional info? I wanted to change some tiles' armor values, but without replacing the MCDs.

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
Re: MCDPatches: where to find reference?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 10:53:03 am »
Unfortunately #1, that block allows only some patching to the original MCDs.

Unfortunately #2, there is also no direct reference on what and how can be done with MCDPatches.

Advice: You can find Warboy on IRC pretty often, he can give you some advice regarding this feature. At least until the reference will be added to the wiki.

Offline Raidau

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 01:57:00 pm »
Unfortunately #1, that block allows only some patching to the original MCDs.

Unfortunately #2, there is also no direct reference on what and how can be done with MCDPatches.

Advice: You can find Warboy on IRC pretty often, he can give you some advice regarding this feature. At least until the reference will be added to the wiki.

Thanks. I checked some public github stuff... there is really not much what MCD pathes can do. Mainly TU costs.

So I am leaving my request here:
- Add more possibilities for MCDPatches, most important changing the tile armor values. I dont think that will be too hard, since similar code has already been implemented for other MCD entries.

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 12:13:43 pm »
yes, changing the explosion strength for e.g. the barrels in the City Maps would be very welcome!

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 04:11:53 pm »
My bet is that sooner or later, most of the  game base resources will be ported to either a ruleset or some other kind of open and human-readable format, that will allow you to edit it freely. Who knows, maybe even an editor for that format will appear.

In the mean time, it's better to open a feature request in the bug tracker for this.