Author Topic: Alien containment  (Read 12332 times)

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Alien containment
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 12:31:57 am »
I think kicking an alien out of containment adds the appropriate corpse to your stores.  It's not a sale, it's euthanasia.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 12:56:09 am »
I think kicking an alien out of containment adds the appropriate corpse to your stores.  It's not a sale, it's euthanasia.

Yeah, I think you're right... But it's so much hassle. :P

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 01:35:23 am »
yep. imagine yourself returning from a really hard battle, your troops badly wounded and shaken by the loss of two good soldiers who died trying to capture a high-ranking alien, but still gloriously happy because they bring the unconscious ethereal commander for interrogation, carry it to the alien containment, stun rods ready in case it wakes up prematurely, the corridors of the base are lined with scientists who are cheering the hard-won victory and rubbing their hands, yearning to interrogate the enemy, only then, at the very doors of the containment unit, an xcom official looks at his papers, sighs, pulls out a pistol, blows the brains out of the ethereal commander and tells them to throw the body in the incinerator because the containment is filled with sectoid soldiers and celatids.

bummer.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 01:43:25 am »
yep. imagine yourself returning from a really hard battle, your troops badly wounded and shaken by the loss of two good soldiers who died trying to capture a high-ranking alien, but still gloriously happy because they bring the unconscious ethereal commander for interrogation, carry it to the alien containment, stun rods ready in case it wakes up prematurely, the corridors of the base are lined with scientists who are cheering the hard-won victory and rubbing their hands, yearning to interrogate the enemy, only then, at the very doors of the containment unit, an xcom official looks at his papers, sighs, pulls out a pistol, blows the brains out of the ethereal commander and tells them to throw the body in the incinerator because the containment is filled with sectoid soldiers and celatids.

bummer.

It's not quite THAT bad, the game lets you choose which alien gets the bullet... but it's otherwise as you described. :P

Have you written any fanfics, Moriarty? I believe you are well-suited for this! :)

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 02:58:27 am »
the game lets you choose which alien gets the bullet...
you can only select the bullet recipient from alien you got in the last mission you cant shoot alien already in the containment cells and i think that should be changed

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 04:42:43 am »
That's not true -- you choose among all live aliens currently available, both from those already in containment plus the ones brought back from the current mission.