aliens

Author Topic: [CONVERSION] Higher resolution  (Read 77775 times)

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
Re: Higher resolution mod
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2014, 03:22:23 pm »
Hello Ivan

Yes next revision, i will add a frame to the right side areas, and also i remove the "new base" icon i think kkmic is correct, we will see how it looks, and i will make the icons i a little wider.

About he color, yes i agree with you completely but that is done ingame processing by applying filters :) so it will be done.

About the "bigger buffer" i do not know exactly what you mean by that, could you please elaborate.

Thank you.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2014, 08:49:01 pm »
About the "bigger buffer" i do not know exactly what you mean by that, could you please elaborate.

I just meant that the base map shouldn't be pressed against the left side of the screen.  Both element (Right and left) should be more balanced and overall centered.   

I know that you are still at the rough conceptual stage, and still trying to get a good feel for how things could work, so I don't expect it to be perfect right, now.  But I will give you my feedback and observations as I see them from time to time, and hopefully they will help.

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2014, 11:06:25 pm »
Hello,

Yes the screen will be a little more balanced, the right side will be made wider at that time we will see if the base layout needs to be moved or not. Also this will allowed for the items to not look so crammed.

And ideas is exactly what I am looking for, I know all my ideas are not the best thus if I get more input that will be great.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2014, 06:50:09 am »
ok a few modification in view of comments, clearly still not optimal, more ideas suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2014, 10:25:41 am »
The GUI looks surprisingly efficient. It needs some artistic work, but it's getting there and I like the philosophy!

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2014, 02:23:51 pm »
Is more util in all grphics i see. Good work

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2014, 07:35:10 pm »
The GUI looks surprisingly efficient. It needs some artistic work, but it's getting there and I like the philosophy!

You sound surprised!!! :P
yes the artwork will need to be redone. When this is completed and the battlescape design also done, the last part will be the Ufopedia, and it think that will be the bigger challenge.
Although i am still trying to get some more use of the available space i do not want to make it look so empty :) but i guess if we increase the font size a little that will make more use of the space.

Is more util in all grphics i see. Good work

Yes the utility is amplified since you can see a lot more data from a single point of view. preventing jumping back and forth from window to window.

Thank you for your input, if you have any ideas how to improve it let me know.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2014, 01:49:10 pm »
Only i think a better look. New wallpapers and i think a line or wallaper to separate the part of base of the others screens

Lo veo bastante bien. Bien ordenado y claro. Yo mejoraria los fondos y pondria alguna linea o un cambio en el fondo para separar lo que es la parte de la base del resto de pantallas. Solo para que fuese mas claro. Un gran trabajo y espero testear el proyecto algun. Dia. Gracias

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:08:15 pm by arrakis69ct »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2014, 03:43:57 pm »
Lo veo bastante bien. Bien ordenado y claro. Yo mejoraria los fondos y pondria alguna linea o un cambio en el fondo para separar lo que es la parte de la base del resto de pantallas. Solo para que fuese mas claro. Un gran trabajo y espero testear el proyecto algun. Dia. Gracias

Estoy de acuerdo.   Algo mas para distinguir los diferentes partes de la pantalla desde el fondo seria mejor.

OMG ... did I just say all that in Spanish?
Chevre! Ivan :D

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2014, 05:01:03 pm »
Concuerdo un poco contigo, pero el problema yace cuando eliges "Build Facility"  en ese caso necesitamos que las dos areas we bean uniformes. Entonces al separar y luego uniticarlos se veria incorrecto.
Sobre los fondos, realmente no peudo cambiarlos por el tamaƱo de allow, que es 960x 600 o 320 x 200, y am where recortarlos pierden substancia. Creo que boy a usar el marco principal para dividirlos, pero los fondos me van a dar problemas.

Estoy de acuerdo.   Algo mas para distinguir los diferentes partes de la pantalla desde el fondo seria mejor.
Chevre! Ivan :D

Your Spanish is good. But the problem lies in how to separate it. I though about it before but could not come up with a good solution. That is why I created the little frames to divide the space into areas for better visualization. I will make a mock up separating the areas, maybe I can use the main window frame to create the separation.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2014, 06:01:36 pm »
hmm... maybe just a darkened panel on the back ground image for the right side would work.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2014, 06:19:32 pm »
That is not a bad idea, I will have to give a try when I get back home, I think a single darker frame might look even better to differentiate between the area that is persistent and the area that changes and that will also use a little more space :) and with that we can control the tint of the windows for better reading.

In the mean time here is a look at how I work :)

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2014, 06:04:32 am »
Ok since i am about to start doing this, and by doing i mean (destroying every bit of code in OXC)

So here is what i need to do

so i need to understand the structure

Code: [Select]
+ BasescapeState
 |
 |  -  BaseView
 |
 |--+ BaseInfoState
 |
 |------+ MonthlyCostState
 |
 |------+ StoreState
 |
 |------+ TransferBaseState
 |
 |--+ SoldierState
 |
 |------+ SoldierMemorialState
 |
 |--+ CraftState
 |
 |------+ CraftInfoState
 |
 |------+ CraftSoldierState
 |
 |------+ CraftWeaponState
 |
 |------+ CraftArmorState
 |
 |--+ BuildFacilitiesState
 |
 |------+

To be cotinued...

Offline Gifty

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2014, 06:19:32 am »
Just wanted to say that two-paneled base screen looks FANtastic.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2014, 04:48:15 pm »
hmm... maybe just a darkened panel on the back ground image for the right side would work.
Hey so I made a little mock up, didn't have time to post it, but it looks like that will be a great solution.
Just wanted to say that two-paneled base screen looks FANtastic.
Thank you, I just started looking at the code and it is doable, but with my skill set a little hard, So progress will be at best very slow, we will see how it goes from there. Right now I am trying to figure out how to remove some of the for :) specifically the window centering code, and that is proving tricky.