aliens

Author Topic: New Research Topic/ablity, Internal Base Defense.  (Read 2170 times)

Offline MrFrustrated

• Colonel
    • View Profile
New Research Topic/ablity, Internal Base Defense.
« on: September 21, 2014, 12:15:49 am »
We should have more control over base defense.

I propose a new research topic called "Base Defense."

In real life, military bases have elaborate drills on what to do in the event of a lone intruders to a full fledge  attack. These drills include setting up obvious choke pionts, preparing certain defenses, securing key materials etc. The game should be closer to that.

I am not a programmer, so none of this might be possible, but I wish we could semi-edit the base/arrange our troops prebase defense. We should be able to set up a few prox grenades, maybe place our commander the furtherest away from the battle. I always wished I could place a thing of Hi Ex in the middle of the hangar, set to go off at the end of the alien turn.

So here's how I would do the game mechanics, I would have a couple of levels of reseach (Ex: Basic Defense, Intermediate Defense, Advance Defense I & II etc). Every base can research its own self or another base. Each base has to do basic research on itself first, 'Basic Defense for (insert specific name).' At some piont in the research chain, you would need a different base to research defense (Base A can't progress unless Base B with a fresh set of eyes researches the defenses of Base A).  That could be the requirement to reach advance defense.

When an actually attack happens, the game should still have a great deal of randomization, but you should have the chance to arrange preset traps, chokepionts, supply caches, etc. Maybe some attacks, all your plans go off without a hitch, maybe none do in others.

I also always thought multiple alien ships should attack bases and thier should be multiple waves of intruders.