aliens

Author Topic: Geoscape/interceptor delay  (Read 3178 times)

Offline Echelon117

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Geoscape/interceptor delay
« on: September 18, 2013, 12:36:17 pm »
Hi,

I've been searching these forums to see if anyone else has asked the same as me, but couldn't find anything.

So, after playing UFO Extender for so long I am used to the smooth flowing pace of the game from the way the menu's open up to the fluidity of the UFO interceptions.

OpenXcom does feel a little choppy in some parts and the UFO interceptions are extremely slow. Does anyone know a way around this or if this is something to be fixed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated from anyone.

Kind regards

Offline Sharp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Geoscape/interceptor delay
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 02:19:55 pm »
Wtf... somehow my post replied to another thread sorry.

As for this I don't really have any problem with the flow of the game or interceptions, can you clarify?

Offline Echelon117

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 02:41:08 pm »
Basically, when intercepting a UFO the UFO moves towards the interceptor VERY slowly. The missiles move towards the UFO VERY slowly.

It's almost as if there is a delay or a CPU slower applied, the way the old DosBox version worked. I just want it to flow as smooth and fast as UFO extender, which runs perfectly

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 07:42:20 pm »
OpenXcom animations run at a fixed speed, not CPU-based. However I gauge it by how the original runs on Dosbox, UFO Extender looks like it runs twice as fast.

I'll probably just throw in a speed setting at some point since this seems to come up a lot.