Author Topic: Let me tell you about rulesets  (Read 12325 times)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
Re: Let me tell you about rulesets
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 10:06:28 pm »
finally!!!

i was always trying to figure out all the multiple values for each type of object, i was actually adding a "note" to the actual file since only items have it.

Thanks Sup

Offline Align

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 10:43:21 pm »
If I want to make the autocannon shoot a spread of grenades, what do I change other than adding arcingShot: true?
Nothing, I just needed to fire horizontally so I could actually see the arc...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 10:46:49 pm by Align »

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 11:58:15 pm »
typo in Ruleset ?

"woundRcovery"

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 12:41:30 am »
typo in Ruleset ?

"woundRcovery"
Thanks, it's fixed.

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 01:15:22 am »
sweet _~

Offline EchoFourDelta

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 06:31:34 am »
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Rulesets_(OpenXcom)

Questions?

I got one, about the flatRate flag. At one point in the table, it mentions it being used for non-offensive items like the medikit; would this have any adverse side effects if this line was added for weapons, like, say, the Rifle, or would it just not function?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 06:33:16 am by EchoFourDelta »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 07:41:25 am »
I got one, about the flatRate flag. At one point in the table, it mentions it being used for non-offensive items like the medikit; would this have any adverse side effects if this line was added for weapons, like, say, the Rifle, or would it just not function?
It wouldn't do anything, though that can be changed if you really want flat-rate weapons.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 08:18:19 am »
actually the flatrate flag affects melee weapons as well as items, but not firearms. for example, all alien melee weapons charge a flat rate.

Offline EchoFourDelta

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 08:40:38 am »
actually the flatrate flag affects melee weapons as well as items, but not firearms. for example, all alien melee weapons charge a flat rate.

I think it would open up some variety in modding potential; I've been trying to get a more granular balance between some weapons myself which often feels difficult to do with straight percentages.

It opens the field up by making it so that some soldiers need to be at a given plateau before being able to implement a given weapon system, and gives you some more room to work with there, especially if you're also modding the number of TUs soldiers can have.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 09:59:22 am »
Thanks! Now it looks easier than I thought ::)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 06:24:14 am »
I think it would open up some variety in modding potential; I've been trying to get a more granular balance between some weapons myself which often feels difficult to do with straight percentages.

It opens the field up by making it so that some soldiers need to be at a given plateau before being able to implement a given weapon system, and gives you some more room to work with there, especially if you're also modding the number of TUs soldiers can have.
This should be in now, let me know if I didn't accidentally break everything. :P

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 07:09:31 am »
Is it possible to apply the "waypoint" variable to ammunitions instead of weapons. This would make it possible to mod in special guided ammunitions for example for the rocket launcher.
If the variable was an integer (instead of a boolean), it could limit the number of waypoints with the specific ammunition.

It would also be great, if one had access to the amount of "drift" for each ammunition via a ruleset variable. Although I am not sure how exactly the drift mechanic for the blaster launcher is implemented in OpenXcom  ???.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 02:04:42 pm »
Is it possible to apply the "waypoint" variable to ammunitions instead of weapons. This would make it possible to mod in special guided ammunitions for example for the rocket launcher.

it is now.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 02:38:08 pm »
hmmm... speaking about unhardcoding... the psi abilities and their dependency on the psi-amp as well as the dependency of the psi-amp to only work for soldiers with psi skill are hardcoded, aren't they?

would it be easily possible to add requirements for other weapons and items? something like "can only be used if strength>50"? or perhaps other weapons that can only be used by soldiers with psi skill? (I'm thinking that for a mod I would like to restrict blaster bomb use to soldiers with psi abilities - it would be kinda hard to program all those waypoints in so little time otherwise).