Author Topic: New types of terrain to interact with?  (Read 3957 times)

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
New types of terrain to interact with?
« on: September 04, 2013, 07:01:31 pm »
Theres some element in the older julian gollop games that you could interact with.  For example, you could wield a lawnmower and cut grass, or take a coffee token and get a coffee.  Theres doors, and in the 12' game you can disarm bombs.

Maybe theres more xcom stuff you can interact with.  Maybe a door control for the back door of the skyranger that takes 100% of all action points and takes place at the end of the turn, or the controls.

What about other things that could make a difference in a battlefield with a moments work? 

Offline Man in the Funny Hat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: New types of terrain to interact with?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 05:35:24 am »
Walls.  Forcing your way through hedges or jumping over low stone walls and fences.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 06:54:25 am »
Windows. I'd like to see windows breaking when you shoot through them and using your melee to break them as well. Would also be cool to be able to jump through the window to make a noisy entrance.

I'd really like to see a grappling hook in the game to be able to scale buildings and climb into a tall story window.

Warboy, add Grappling Hooks to your mod!! Luke, make a cool sprite for Operatives climbing up. A later upgrade would be like the Bat claw or the instant grapple from XCOM 8)

Damn, X-COM is so awesome... Unlike 2012.

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 11:47:12 am »
Really hate it I need a laser to blast my way through a hedge...

and a waist high brick wall?  Real military can jump over 9ft walls for entertainment!

Oh and how about a light switch in the alien base assaults?  As it is, visibility doesn't go too far does it?

Maybe the aliens can take the power out on xcom base assaults...

how come there are no toilets in the xcom base?  We need toilets and shower facilities, pantries, food refridgeration.  I think even Laser Squad had toilets and tv's!!!

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 12:42:00 pm »
Really hate it I need a laser to blast my way through a hedge...

and a waist high brick wall?  Real military can jump over 9ft walls for entertainment!

Oh and how about a light switch in the alien base assaults?  As it is, visibility doesn't go too far does it?

Maybe the aliens can take the power out on xcom base assaults...

how come there are no toilets in the xcom base?  We need toilets and shower facilities, pantries, food refridgeration.  I think even Laser Squad had toilets and tv's!!!

I suggest a Jump option for FOXC , i hope someone add this feature :P

There is already some bathroom grapics getting around, there are some finished ones that HOBBES has included in one of his map sets and there was a set done by a modder names "   Tentaculars" that was done in blender, i just need to fix the colour pallet and import them in.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 12:45:04 pm by luke83 »

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 09:05:00 pm »
There is already some bathroom grapics getting around, there are some finished ones that HOBBES has included in one of his map sets and there was a set done by a modder names "   Tentaculars" that was done in blender, i just need to fix the colour pallet and import them in.
Awesome!