Author Topic: Rifle rounds automatic resupply?  (Read 5175 times)

Offline Tyrannosaur

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Rifle rounds automatic resupply?
« on: September 03, 2013, 09:30:14 pm »
I gave my soldiers some rifle ammunition in their backpack which weren't spent on the last mission they did. After the mission was over they had some more ammunition in their belt in addition to the ammunition in their backpack. Pushing them over the weight limit. How do I stop this behaviour? I'm using the August 26 nightly build.

Offline Align

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Rifle rounds automatic resupply?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 10:44:05 pm »
I believe it happens when a soldier dies and the game automatically reassigns the surplus ammo he was carrying.

On an unrelated note, are you sure you want to put the ammo in your backpack? It takes the most TUs to move stuff from/to that part of your inventory. Moving to/from the belt is twice as fast.

Offline Tyrannosaur

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 10:49:21 pm »
I figured it out. There's automatic equipping on the equipment screen so I guess there's no need to do it manually.

There's another thing I wanted. I have the old music but I used to use this https://www.xcomufo.com/x1music.html PSX music instead. I used to be able to do that with UFO Extender how do I do that with Openxcom?

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 03:28:00 am »
The game automatically reequips soldiers based on their pre-mission layout, but it will ignore changes made during the mission.

As for the music, you have to rename the PSX tracks and put them in the data\SOUND folder. Alternatively you can get them already renamed from this website: https://xcom-sounds.atw.hu/
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:31:05 am by SupSuper »

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 04:38:02 am »
i'm not sure if this is related but i'll mention it.

I was getting fed up with my Heavy Weapons guys getting an extra clip on their belts (when I didn't put it there), so i found this: Battlescape/BattlescapeGenerator.cpp, BattleItem* BattlescapeGenerator::addItem(BattleItem *item, bool secondPass)

and commented out the entire "if (secondPass)" block under "case BT_AMMO:"

This resulted in pleasing behavior for me, but left me wondering why it's really there -- just to make sure everyone's topped up? ( but it typically causes encumberance ) I mean, i can see it on soldiers who've never been equipped into combat, but am thinking there should be a condition to pass-by, on soldiers who've already had equipment assigned ...