Author Topic: [CRAFT][PACK][UFO] Rotorcraft Mod (Collection)  (Read 1314 times)

Offline MKSheppard

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[CRAFT][PACK][UFO] Rotorcraft Mod (Collection)
« on: June 30, 2023, 09:17:39 pm »
This is nothing special; it's a compilation of mods already done before by bulletdesigner and Alex_D, but put together with unified UFOPaedia images, etc; and a redrawn Huey Basebit sprite so it matches the others.

I also edited the Huey's MAP file to have six spots in locations that the player could see their men easily.

The main differences (or why would I want to buy a slow rotorcraft?) are cost, mainly.

Skyranger: 500K for 14
Osprey: 400K for 20
Chinook: 200K for 20
Huey: 100K for 6

I.e. it becomes much cheaper to have a Huey sitting in a secondary base to handle trash hauling duties in a backwater theater for 1/5 the cost of a Skyranger.

The reason I cut down the Huey's capacity from about 12 men to just six besides craft balancing is that that remember; the Huey has to carry not only the men, but all the items for them -- plus any high priority cargo -- i.e. if you capture a sectoid leader, you're going to want to bring him back to base promptly with the team, rather than wait for the recovery unit to show up and dismantle the UFO.

Possible future changes:

1.) Maybe recolor the Huey to match the Osprey/Chinook.
2.) Do some range/balancing on the rotorcraft.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 09:20:12 pm by MKSheppard »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Re: [CRAFT][PACK][UFO] Rotorcraft Mod (Collection)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 07:15:22 pm »
What a nice small mod

I think it would be a good idea to recolor the Huey to keep it in line with the other choppers, yeah.