Author Topic: Fire is underused  (Read 4323 times)

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
Fire is underused
« on: August 22, 2013, 08:50:07 pm »
In my opinion, i thought incendiary weapons ini this game were my favorite kind, where you can use them to block off hallways and burn out enemies in wood buildings.  But the only problem with them is that they are entirely underused, which is a shame because of how fun they are (also since this game was 1992 this was pretty advanced stuff for the time from my understanding of it)  do you think there is any way to utilize this more? like maybe how all enemies and friendly's become invincible to fire later on in the game, maybe not have anything fireproofed?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:52:08 pm by Camalex97 »

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Fire is underused
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 02:00:43 am »
Ethereal robes should always be able to catch fire though... They need SOME weakness ^^

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 05:21:02 pm »
Fire could be used to transform a new alien into a terminator.

Alien catches fire and begins to chase our soldiers through fire. After 2-3 turns the alien is transformed with a Chryssalid-like animation,  but into a Terminator Alien Endoskeleton!

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 05:40:24 pm »
Fire could be used to transform a new alien into a terminator.

Alien catches fire and begins to chase our soldiers through fire. After 2-3 turns the alien is transformed with a Chryssalid-like animation,  but into a Terminator Alien Endoskeleton!

Mutons come to mind for that ^^

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 09:43:08 pm »
Mutons have tough armor skin so they'll just be naked without the jumpsuit if you try to burn them. You really wanna see O_O

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 02:03:00 pm »
Mutons have tough armor skin so they'll just be naked without the jumpsuit if you try to burn them. You really wanna see O_O

Would be funny seeing Mutons collapse into a heap burning flesh then 3 - 4 turns later, rise as terminators... XD

Or even funnier if you did it with Sectoids! for the sheer improbability of it... XD

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 05:07:13 am »
I mean when you burn Mutons, only the jumpsuit gets burnt off, because they have that tough armor skin.

Then they'll realize they're naked and run back into the ship. That would be funny :D From Elite troops to running scared back into the ship so nobody sees there parts.

But yeah it would be funny to see them turn into terminators since some of the aliens have been modified with cybernetics. Floaters come to mind. Imagine that XD
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:09:34 am by WeOwnTheNight »

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 01:58:41 pm »
Mutons have parts?! o_0
They don't have parts as they are genetically engineered super soldiers, and bred in a test tube...
They are smoother then a Ken doll down there... :P

Also all skin can burn off, its what happens to terminators and they are pretty tough, if not tougher ^^