Author Topic: Weaker psychics ruleset-does it actually exist?  (Read 3273 times)

Offline GrossorMD

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Weaker psychics ruleset-does it actually exist?
« on: August 09, 2013, 01:29:30 am »
I read about this in the wiki as a potential challenge, and it seems like a grand idea: it makes sense in-universe, it's challenging, and it's scary. Has anyone actually gone through doing this?

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Weaker psychics ruleset-does it actually exist?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 03:02:48 am »
weaker aliens or weaker soldiers?

it wouldn't be hard to adjust the alien's psi abilities, they're in the ruleset, and there's only, what, 5 psi capable races as it is?

weaker soldiers is just as easy.

Offline GrossorMD

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 12:34:03 pm »
I was thinking on this bit from "Making the Game Harder"

It would perhaps be more 'realistic', and certainly scary and challenging, if human Psi/MC Strength and Skill were capped much lower than aliens, for example, capped at 50 each. Various mods allow changes to skill caps. You could simply sack anyone with Psi/MC Strength higher than 50. What would be cleverer would be a mod that either generates human Psi/MC Strength in a lower range (0=50 instead of 0-100), or that applies a 50% penalty to Psi/MC success calculations for any XCOM-controlled units (humans, or human-controlled aliens).

I found the idea quite interesting. And was seeking to get something on those lines

(BTW, and somewhat off-topic: is there any mod that changes or adds new psi-abilities?)

Offline wsmithjr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 02:25:19 pm »
Can't you change this in the ruleset under soldiers/maxstats/psiStrength?