aliens

Author Topic: Saving Loadouts  (Read 5107 times)

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Saving Loadouts
« on: August 06, 2013, 09:03:11 am »
Would love it if you could save and retrieve loadouts; would make both the quick battles and regular Battlescape engagements all the more convenient.

Offline Align

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Saving Loadouts
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 09:07:40 am »
They are saved, but on a per-soldier basis, and since New Battle generates a new bunch every time it doesn't keep them.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 09:13:00 am »
Exactly; there should be selectable loadout saves that are by slot, not per-soldier.

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 03:08:46 pm »
Perhaps you can make some load out classes and on the equipment you can click a button and the game tries to equip that soldier with that class with stuff you have put in the Skyranger... ^^

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 06:42:22 pm »
Perhaps you can make some load out classes and on the equipment you can click a button and the game tries to equip that soldier with that class with stuff you have put in the Skyranger... ^^

Yeah, that would be cool too; preset 'class' loadouts you can select for a soldier.

That said though, I'd like to instantly load out my entire team from a choice of saved presets at the click of a button.

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 09:22:09 pm »
Yeah, that would be cool too; preset 'class' loadouts you can select for a soldier.

That said though, I'd like to instantly load out my entire team from a choice of saved presets at the click of a button.

Maybe just on a per soldier basis maybe not every is good for your chosen class.
Though it would be good from the base soldier overview, as you want to check new soldiers anyway so you can assign them then too ^^

Offline CarryAll

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 10:53:22 pm »
I also suggest to add functionality to equip soldiers on base. Loadouts could also be useful there. Together with "autoequip skyranger" (so every soldier could get a equiped item) it could this part of game easier.

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 12:28:59 am »
I also suggest to add functionality to equip soldiers on base. Loadouts could also be useful there. Together with "autoequip skyranger" (so every soldier could get a equiped item) it could this part of game easier.

I think many people wants this functionality the problem is that there are other things that need to be taken care before adding this, unless someone knows how to code then they can add it and publish it, furthermore it has been said that there are deeper problems due to the load-out screen only being available during the Battlescape and not Geoscape for base management.

if someone wants to do it please go ahead!!! :)