Author Topic: Nightly builds  (Read 7484 times)

Offline Viaro

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Nightly builds
« on: August 05, 2013, 08:30:05 pm »
I have downloaded OpenXcom 0.9, a few mods, and one of the nightly builds (most recent at the time). Is it important to go back and download previous nightly builds? Should I keep up and download all of the builds each day? If I only download them once in a while, will I miss important builds that later ones use?

Thanks

~ Viaro

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Nightly builds
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 09:27:46 pm »
If you wanna stay on the bleeding edge of the latest changes, you can download the nightly build regularly, although most changes will probably be fairly unnoticable.

All builds include everything that came before, so there's no point in keeping/downloading older builds unless you need a specific version for bug repro or save compatibility or something. Just grab the latest version at the top once a week or something.

Offline Viaro

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 10:40:01 pm »
That newer builds include the contents of the older ones solves all of my potential problems or questions. Excellent. Thank you for the help.

~ Viaro

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 08:29:36 pm »
Eh guys, I'm not seeing some of those new features like sliders and the equip screen.  Those come with the nightly bulids right?

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 09:14:15 pm »
yes, they do. the so-called "stable" build is almost 5 months old. a word of advice? ALWAYS use the newest nightly build :)

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 03:33:49 am »
Based on what I read, it should be straightforward to copy into the openxcom folder but I'm not seeing many changes.  For all I know I'm still playing on 0.9.

Its just a simple unzip in that folder and replace the files right?  Or should I try that in the 'data' folder?

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 03:41:06 am »
Hey!  Finally figured it out!  To think I've been on the 0.9 version all this time! 

Offline crisisdude

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 05:17:38 am »
Hi i'm new, I've been playing openxcom for about a month and i'm confused.  From what you guys have said the most recent nightly build should have the sliders and stuff right?  Or have a just set it up wrong?  I download the nightly build and unzip it, then i move the data folder from it over to the data folder in openxcom, after it copy's it says "Replace the files in destination"  I say yes and its done, but nothing seems to diferent from 0.9  Plz help

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 07:58:07 am »
You need to copy everything over, not just the Data folder. If you're running the correct EXE you'll see the Git version number instead of 0.9.

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 08:28:16 am »
What I did was unzip when you're right outside the openxcom folder, and overwrite everything.

Offline crisisdude

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 09:47:28 pm »
Okay thanks  :D