Author Topic: Male/Female  (Read 5026 times)

Offline Man in the Funny Hat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Male/Female
« on: July 17, 2013, 01:08:26 am »
With all the new names from unfamiliar (to me) regions of the world I simply don't know if a soldier is supposed to be male or female until I see them on the field.  I'd rather see a M/F indicator somewhere on their stats screen so that when I do rename them I'm not trotting out a female renamed Frank or a male named Felicity.  Of course, if there were a way to see their appearance before getting into a fight that'd be good too.

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
Re: Male/Female
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 07:18:06 am »
working on that :)

actually trying to see if i can convince someone to show the inventory view for loadout purposes in the base management, it seems there are some "issues" can't blame me for trying :)

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 01:10:53 pm »
yeah, I've suggested that before - the inventory view from basescape, that is. trouble is that the inventory view of course uses battlescape mechanics, including battlescape paletted images... but considering that we are now capable of displaying mixed TFTD/UFO graphics, I guess some of the problems will be reduced to nuisances, so we might actually see this in the near future :)

still, adding a simple gender indicator somewhere will probably be easier ;)

Offline 54x

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 03:47:14 pm »
With all the new names from unfamiliar (to me) regions of the world I simply don't know if a soldier is supposed to be male or female until I see them on the field.  I'd rather see a M/F indicator somewhere on their stats screen so that when I do rename them I'm not trotting out a female renamed Frank or a male named Felicity.  Of course, if there were a way to see their appearance before getting into a fight that'd be good too.

Yeah we had a mockup soldier screen redesign at one point that would show you that info...

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 03:05:09 pm »
In TTS you have a full view of the soldier in the base overview... :\

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 05:08:03 am »
yes in TTS but this is not TTS :) this group is still alive and healthful :)

i know i know is a bad stab at TTS, however, as far as i know, since OXC wanted to mimic vanilla XCOM this was not part of the original idea, clearly we all have different views and maybe in the future Sup or PMprog or Warboy or somebody else will say, #@$%$ it, i will do it, until then we just have to be happy that OXC gives us the chance of reviving old XCOM memories.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 08:16:07 am »
I'm all for new features too, but when the game becomes 100% classic, bring on the mods like they do with Skyrim. Everything. Babylon!

Later on, are we getting a mod manager to easily install mods? So I hope we get a huge modding community.

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 09:15:23 am »
yes in TTS but this is not TTS :) this group is still alive and healthful :)

i know i know is a bad stab at TTS, however, as far as i know, since OXC wanted to mimic vanilla XCOM this was not part of the original idea, clearly we all have different views and maybe in the future Sup or PMprog or Warboy or somebody else will say, #@$%$ it, i will do it, until then we just have to be happy that OXC gives us the chance of reviving old XCOM memories.

I just hope this game will get a multiplayer at some point... ^^