Author Topic: Mapping trouble  (Read 3394 times)

Offline Svanh

• Captain
    • View Profile
Mapping trouble
« on: October 23, 2013, 11:06:40 am »
I've made some map blocks using mapview and added them to my ruleset. All of the map blocks load into the game fine individually but there are gaps in the map (Some missing blocks in generated maps). Added to this, I get crashes when attempting to start a mission on my maps with the error "Something is wrong in you map definitions".

This error only occurred with Battleships and Supply ships at first but, after I altered the maps a bit more, affects every class of UFO. I do have several 10x10 landing zone map blocks defined so it isn't a lack of landing zones to choose from.

The maps, routes and the part of the ruleset dealing with terrain/maps are attached. Any help is appreciated.   :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: Mapping trouble
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 11:29:12 am »
I will try to look tonight once kids are in bed 8)

One obvious problem is  you have 2 LARGE maps but you still have them defined as small maps in the ruleset, other than that, mine loads up, i select your map type and when i enter the mission, it starts on the desert map everytime!!!( even though i have told it to use your maps)...... I will see if i have more tome tomorrow , other than my UFOs i have not done a ruleset in a while for Maps and there are alot of new featuers since the good old days to identify.

I need to work it out as i need to upgrade my Terror Mission maps for the new Rulsets
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 01:52:00 pm by luke83 »

Offline Svanh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 02:56:49 pm »
Thanks for pointing that out. Fixing that made it work without gaps in the map for every ship design except Harvester, Battleship and Supply Ship which still CTD on starting the mission (Same error as before).

I'm not quite sure why Abductors work and Harvesters don't given that they are the same size, but I'll try adding some more landing zones/playing around with frequency.

Offline Svanh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 02:08:14 am »
Found the problem. Harvesters, Battleships and Supply Ships are all 3-level UFOs, that is, their map blocks are 4 levels high (Ground, 1st floor, 2nd floor, roof). As the deployments in the ruleset specify the default 4 level high battlescape and my map blocks have an underground level there are only 3 levels for squeezing in UFOs. Changing all the height values in the deployment definitions to 5 fixes it.