aliens

Author Topic: Queued Facility Refunds  (Read 3582 times)

Offline sander798

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Queued Facility Refunds
« on: July 21, 2013, 01:43:24 am »
I recently started using OpenXcom instead of jumping through 50 hoops to get a windows version of X-COM with XcomUtil and Extender working on my mac, and I must say it is very nice. However, among the new features I noticed a small annoyance: When placing new facilities to be built alongside currently under construction facilities (such that they are "queued"), it is impossible to stop having that facility queued for building without losing money. The feature is mainly for convenience, so surely it wouldn't hurt to give a refund of the building cost so long as it's not technically connected to the rest of the base.

For me this is most annoying when you manage to capture the alien needed for researching the Hyperwave Decoder right after starting construction of a new base and setting up where a few of the basic buildings will go so that I don't have to monitor it.

As a sidenote, in the advanced options menu I have "containment limits" off by default, yet the UFOpedia still says that it holds a max of 10 aliens. This caused me a bit of confusion for a while until I decided that this was a simple oversight.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Queued Facility Refunds
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 03:06:31 am »
The UFOpaedia has always said that even though they didn't even even enforce it in the original. :P

Also you never get refunded for under-construction facilities, queued or not. Do you mean you want an option for getting a refund?

Offline sander798

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Queued Facility Refunds
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 04:21:10 am »
Ah, I assumed that there were containment limits in the original game since TFTD also says that there are limits.

For the refund option, I meant that when a facility that is waiting in line to be built is cancelled, you would get money back only then.
Like in this situation:

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 04:27:01 am by sander798 »